Do you really believe the league is over...?

Heaven forbid we collapse in the last 12 games but Liverpool still have to play Manure and Chelsea and are one point ahead of Chelsea and two ahead of Spurs.

These sides have been up and down all season and they won't catch Manure now either.

They drop points every second game , its not going to change in the last 12 games cleavers.

They will do extremely well to finish with 77 points.

What odds could you get us going 2-2-8 in our last 12 games.
I didn't say they would, check my earlier post in this thread (and that was being ultra pessimistic on our results) page 16, I predicted chelsea and liverpool to be on 65 points each on April first, thats 4 behind where we are now, and that included chelsea winning tonight.

I'm not concerned, as I said, but its not "over" until we make it so (the subject of the thread).

Take 7 points from Leicester, Arsenal and Chelsea, and we're pretty much there.

Only Spurs away and United at home to worry about after that. Maybe Everton away on their day.

Hardest games left.

Arsenal away.
Chelsea at home.
United at home.
Spurs away.

Everton away-ish.

United have.

Chelsea at home.
Arsenal at home.
Liverpool at home.
City away.

Think it could come down to the Derby in April.

A win for us and it's over.
A win for them and it's still on.
A draw just about ends it for them.

They still need to win five.
4 wins is only 12 points.
A draw is no good as we have a better goal difference.
They need to win five, and we have to lose 5 for them to over take us.

5 defeats out of 12 games for us, means there are still 7 games left, and 21 points to play for. That's if they don't lose or draw and win all their games during our 5 defeats.

Last edited:
Heaven forbid we collapse in the last 12 games but Liverpool still have to play Manure and Chelsea and are one point ahead of Chelsea and two ahead of Spurs.

These sides have been up and down all season and they won't catch Manure now either.

They drop points every second game , its not going to change in the last 12 games cleavers.

They will do extremely well to finish with 77 points.

What odds could you get us going 2-2-8 in our last 12 games.
I don’t know but, no doubt, Madley, Taylor & Moss, all have betting slips, hoping for that very occurrence, safety tucked away ;-)

Chelsea losing tonight has had an interesting affect on this thread.

Don’t take this seriously btw it’s just an observation of the city fan’s mind...

Some will only say its won if its mathematically certain and yet apparently its a two horse race.

Logically the above two statements are contradictory in nature.

Teams currently placed 2nd to 8th can catch us mathematically yet nobody seems too worried about Leicester and now Chelsea aren’t a worry. So which is it?

The truth is..

1. People do have a cut off that isn’t mathematical they just haven’t thought what it is.

2. The only reason 13 points is doable and 19 points isn’t is because of who it is that is 13 points behind. If the team that was second was Burnley nobody would care.

Mind the gap Man United is spot on. It’s too big in the actual real world. Posters are twitchy because it’s United and would be if they were 19 points behind.

So for the mathematically possible posters how worried are you about Leicester pipping us? ;-)

Its about whether everyone else thinks we can be caught really - I don't think they can

This season has been ace but there is a tinge of regret for me (very very minicule!) that Mendy, Foden, Kompany, Jesus, Sane et al haven't been able to stay fit/been injured by thugs/been understandably unavailable. If things were only slightly different I think we'd had gone unbeaten. But c'est la vie

I think as fans we're stuck in the past and are constantly waiting for something to go wrong rather than just enjoying what we're seeing. This league is over, It has been since December. Rooney made a good point on Sky tonight, this team is close to emulating Barcelona under Pep from 2011. We're an incredible special team, we're 13 points clear in the world's toughest league and people think we will fold?

I don't think we realise or appreciated how good this team is. Ex players are calling us the best PL side ever, we're not this team having a purple patch, we're just simply a team that's miles ahead of the rest.

So for the mathematically possible posters how worried are you about Leicester pipping us?
Beat them Saturday, and they can't "pip us" (and nor can burnley), but that's not really the point is it ? Leicester are 15 points behind chelsea, so even them catching chelsea is highly unlikely.

The gap from united to us is 2 less than leicester to chelsea, and so its equally unlikely, and most posters on this thread agree, but this thread is about "is it over", and the answer is not yet, but its still highly unlikely anyone can catch us.

I think as fans we're stuck in the past and are constantly waiting for something to go wrong rather than just enjoying what we're seeing. This league is over, It has been since December. Rooney made a good point on Sky tonight, this team is close to emulating Barcelona under Pep from 2011. We're an incredible special team, we're 13 points clear in the world's toughest league and people think we will fold?

I don't think we realise or appreciated how good this team is. Ex players are calling us the best PL side ever, we're not this team having a purple patch, we're just simply a team that's miles ahead of the rest.

Yeah but have you seen Leicester’s run in they could easily win every game whereas I can see our player’s heads falling off and that Pep has no idea what’s going on. Teams have worked us out and that 13 point gap will be down to 10 in 2 months. It will go to the wire and then United will win it as they win every game and SKY decide who will win so all in all we’ve no chance ;-)

Beat them Saturday, and they can't "pip us" (and nor can burnley), but that's not really the point is it ? Leicester are 15 points behind chelsea, so even them catching chelsea is highly unlikely.

The gap from united to us is 2 less than leicester to chelsea, and so its equally unlikely, and most posters on this thread agree, but this thread is about "is it over", and the answer is not yet, but its still highly unlikely anyone can catch us.

Yeah I’m just interested what the gap has to be before people will relax and enjoy it because I don’t believe it’s really when it’s mathematically impossible as they say.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.