Do you want Tevez to stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Carlos Tevez [Merged]

Marpleblue69 said:
I also haven't read all this thread but I dont think we should sack Tevez.

That is exactly what he wants, the best thing to do with him is to discipline him and fine him the maximum we can then do the following.

1. Condemn him to the reserves for the rest of his contract.
2. Put him on the subs bench in the reserves and not play him.
3. Not allow him anywhere near the squad during training.
4. Force him to turn up to all games and sit and watch, allowing the fans to vent their anger at him until we're bored of doing it.

If a good offer comes in for him in any of the transfer windows then get rid asap.
this is what people dont understand
if he wont play for city in the biggest club competition in the world against one of the greatest teams in the world at one of the best stadiums in the world what makes you think he will actually turn up for the reserves let alone play

simon23 said:
mike winterwasp said:
I haven't read everything in this thread so sorry if this has been posted previously. Personally I'm not interested in the legal nicieties of who said what and when. It's plain to me that Khaldoon has a choice - dump Tevez and take the losses or Mancini walks.

Any compromise won't work. Khaldoon has a duty to the owner, the club, the fans and football in general. If we fine him any amount of money and he plays again we will be the laughing stock of world football and Mancini will have about as much clout as the tea lady.

This can only end in one way - Tevez out. I hope we can hurt him as he leaves but we may have to accept that he gets what he wants. I hope the lawyers have sorted out what to do. Ideally he will suspended pending a disciplinary hearing where he will be sacked. It would be great if we could retain his registration for the rest of his contract but I think that's unlikely.

spot on with the first paragraph

but not sure why we would be a lauhging stock if he did play again (He wont though)....modric did something very similar int he game against us...yet he has played since and nobody aywhere seems to have picked up on that similarity (and modirc refused to even start the game!)

We'd be a laughing stock because we would have a player in effect running the club. If we tolerate his behaviour this time what will he try next time when he wants a pay rise/a new house/a bonus/the captaincy.

Modric is not really similar - we've all seen players dropped or not ready to play because they are the subject of possible transfers in the window (Lescott at Everton, for example) but these arguments take place behind closed doors. Tevez has done it during a match with half the world watching

goatinho said:
Marpleblue69 said:

That is exactly what he wants, the best thing to do with him is to discipline him and fine him the maximum we can then do the following.

4. Force him to turn up to all games and sit and watch, allowing the fans to vent their anger at him until we're bored of doing it.

If a good offer comes in for him in any of the transfer windows then get rid asap.
if he wont play for city in the biggest club competition in the world against one of the greatest teams in the world at one of the best stadiums in the world what makes you think he will actually turn up for the reserves let alone play

he would have too if he wants his wage ;)

goatinho said:
Marpleblue69 said:

Not turning up would be a breach and a fine. He'll end up not being paid full stop.

A some point in the confusion last night he was going to stand up and then changed his mind. I got the feeling he was about to walk off but bottled it.

mike winterwasp said:
I haven't read everything in this thread so sorry if this has been posted previously. Personally I'm not interested in the legal nicieties of who said what and when. It's plain to me that Khaldoon has a choice - dump Tevez and take the losses or Mancini walks.

Any compromise won't work. Khaldoon has a duty to the owner, the club, the fans and football in general. If we fine him any amount of money and he plays again we will be the laughing stock of world football and Mancini will have about as much clout as the tea lady.

This can only end in one way - Tevez out. I hope we can hurt him as he leaves but we may have to accept that he gets what he wants. I hope the lawyers have sorted out what to do. Ideally he will suspended pending a disciplinary hearing where he will be sacked. It would be great if we could retain his registration for the rest of his contract but I think that's unlikely.

A fair summary.

A lot of blues ( me included) would like to see Tevez pay a high price, but the reality is when the lawyers have finished with it, he will walk with a compromise agreement and £10 million. Within a year he will be playing for another top club.

PoolRed said:
As you can see from my username I am a Liverpool fan.

I feel strongly enough to come on and let you guys know that we offer our full support to your club and have the deepest of sympathy for the way the club has been disrespected by this parasite. To let you know that the anger isn't just being felt by Man City fans. The manager and fans condemnation of his behavior is a credit to the club.

The PFA boss Gordan Taylor has said that if City sack Tevez he should be awarded compensation, this is an insult to every football fan in the world, in fact City should be awarded compensation for the transfer fee they will lose.

The way Man City deal with this isn't just important to your club, but to every club in Europe.

Best wishes guys.

Thank you
Gordon Taylor is just a class A prick. Mancini 100% done the right thing by airing it in public. If we kept it private, it would be seen as weakness and all the headlines would be about revolt at City. By publicly stating what he said, City have the support of most and its Tevez not the club getting the savage media's attention.
Gordon Taylor though, total knob for saying it should have been dealt in Private. Sorry Gordon, your player aired it all perfectly well in Public. Why should we respond differently

Not read all the posts, so apologies if this is a duplicate.

Just home from work and read Sheikh Mansour is "extremely disappointed at the events in Munich".

I can only hope that is diplomat-speak for "we're gonna tear you a new arse you fucking ungrateful car salesman's puppet".

Not read the whole thread etc etc....but assuming he won't play for us again, which suits me fine, then

1. Fine him the maximum we can
2. Tell him he's no longer welcome at Carrington
3. Sell him in Jan - probably at a loss, but hey
4. Until then, offer him a loan to the Sheikh's team, Al Jazira Club, in Abu Dhabi to keep his fitness levels up, with them picking up the wages thereby getting the cost off our books.

singcat wrote:
Hadn't noticed but the official City Calendar has Tevez for September! But to rub it in Adebayor is Oct! Why must Mrs Singcat have one of these each year!

:) had already defaced the office calender today when i noticed

September has now been replaced with a picture of Zabaleta!

For those who have compared this to Mutu and Chelsea this is what we may be required to go through (from Wiki). In summary it's seven years on and Chelsea haven't received a penny.

Breach of contract saga

Chelsea started to seek compensation from Mutu in early 2005.[6][8] The Football Association Premier League Appeals Committee decided that the player had committed a breach of his contract without just cause [6] which made Chelsea eligible to claim the compensation.[9] Mutu started his first appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) but the case was dismissed.[6] On 11 May 2006, Chelsea applied to FIFA for an award of compensation against Mutu. In particular, the club requested that the FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber (DRC) should award an amount of compensation in favour of the club following the established breach of the Employment Contract committed by the Player without just cause.[6] However, on 26 October, the DRC decided that it did not have jurisdiction to make a decision in the dispute between the Club and the Player and that the claim by the Club was therefore not admissible.[6] On 22 December, Chelsea lodged a new appeal before the CAS seeking the annulment of the DRC’s decision. On 21 May 2007, a CAS panel upheld the Club’s appeal, set aside the DRC’s decision, and referred the matter back to the DRC, “which does have jurisdiction to determine and impose the appropriate sporting sanction and/or order for compensation, if any, arising out of the dispute” between the Club and the Player,"[6]

On 6 August 2007, on the basis of the Second CAS Award, Chelsea filed with the DRC a "Re-amended application for an award of compensation", seeking damages, to be determined on the basis of various factors, "including the wasted costs of acquiring the Player (£ 13,814,000), the cost of replacing the Player (£22,661,641), the unearned portion of signing bonus (£ 44,000) and other benefits received by the Player from the Club (£ 3,128,566.03) as well as from his new club, Juventus (unknown), the substantial legal costs that the Club has been forced to incur (£ 391,049.03) and the unquantifiable but undeniable cost in playing terms and in terms of the Club’s commercial brand values", but "at least equivalent to the replacement cost of £ 22,661,641".[6] On 14 September, Mutu submitted to the DRC a brief stating the "Position of Player Mutu regarding Chelsea's petition for an award of compensation", requesting its rejection, and asking FIFA to open an investigation against the Club for having used and/or dealt with unlicensed agents.[6] But Mutu failed to suspend the arbitration and his claim for unlicensed agent was found no such violation emerged.

On 7 May 2008, FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber ordered Mutu to pay €17,173,990 in compensation to his former club, Chelsea FC, for breach of contract.[10][11] It included €16,500,000 for unamortised portion of the transfer fee paid to Parma, €307,340 for unamortised portion of the sign-on fee (received by Mutu), and €366,650 for unamortised portion of the fee to the Agent, but already not to take into account for the determination of the damages the amounts already paid by the Club to the Player (being the consideration for the services rendered) or the remaining value of the Employment Contract (valued for €10,858,500). Mutu have to pay within 30 days after informed the decision in August 2008.[6] Mutu lodged an appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport for the second time,[12] On 31 July 2009, the Court of Arbitration for Sport dismissed an appeal filed by Mutu regarding his fine,[10] Mutu is ordered to pay to Chelsea the amount, plus interest of 5% p.a. starting on 12 September 2008 until the effective date of payment, and the matter will be submitted to the FIFA Disciplinary Committee for its. In addition, Mutu had to pay the costs of the arbitration of both parties, and have to pay CHF 50,000 to Chelsea contribution towards the legal and other costs incurred in connection with these arbitration proceedings.[6] The fine was the highest ever levied by FIFA.[13]

Mutu may be banned from football by FIFA if he does not pay the compensation,[14] although some lawyers have disputed this.[15] Mutu started his third appeal, this time to the Federal Supreme Court of Switzerland in October 2009,[16] but on 14 June 2010 this appeal was also dismissed with Mutu again being ordered to pay Chelsea €17m in damages.[17][18] It was reported that Mutu will appeal to the European Court of Justice.[19]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.