Dodging bullets

Pogba is an interesting one. When we were pursuing him I watched a fair bit of him and said in the transfer forum I had my doubts. Yes he obviously in flashes looked the part and had all the physical attributes required but so did Balotelli. I got a fair bit of stick for my assessment. I haven't seen anything since to change my mind, although under a different manager he may improve. One thing I am sure of is either he goes or Mourinho does, the rift is huge there.

Sanchez I wanted but then I watched him in that football tournament in Russia I think it was and thought, "Hang on a minute." He looked a bit of a busted flush and his performances at Arsenal were the same. I thought the latter may be because he wanted out but watching him now he looks a shell of the player he once was.

Two bullets thankfully dodged here!
Not often my pessimism is a positive but I stated quite staunchly that I didn’t want either of those players. I was picking out their negatives: Pogba never controlled a game, never worked hard, was moved out of the middle of midfield due to those things and was shoved out to the left of a midfield three at Juve because other players did a better job in the middle; Sanchez hadn’t played well all season at Arsenal and is approaching 30, every one of his better days are behind him, didn’t want him anywhere near us!

And phew, we didn’t buy either.

Kaka and Rooney were the other two big ones. After our interest in both, both of them went down hill! Thank fuck for that

I must have stupidly believed a report in the media that went something like "A source close to Manchester City's owners states that........................................"
Silly me!
If the media reported that the world was spherical, I'd check first.

There is no way our owner would have ever appointed him as manager, purely down to the style of football he wanted, he wanted us to win stuff, but also to be a free flowing attractive entertaining team (and we have been under all 3 managers), and mourinho has never ever been that.

Alves - He just wants to earn money grabbing twat
Sanchez - He was never that good imo. Certainly not worth the money arsenal wanted, though couldnt say that on Bluemoon at the time, jeeez some city fans were horny for him
Yaya - That whole situation was toxic and Pep managed it brilliantly
Pogba - not worth the money
Selling Aguero
MBappe - I think there was talk about us putting in a bid but tbh prices have gone stupid, doesnt mean we get value for the money we pay, so i like our club goes the next tier down and gets those players

Biggest thing I have learnt last couple years is that we dont need marquee signings and bling players, leave utd to the galactico's

If the media reported that the world was spherical, I'd check first.

There is no way our owner would have ever appointed him as manager, purely down to the style of football he wanted, he wanted us to win stuff, but also to be a free flowing attractive entertaining team (and we have been under all 3 managers), and mourinho has never ever been that.
Shows how stupid I am - I thought the world is flat

A£€xi$ $án¢h€z : Huge bullet dodged there, never wanted here the rotten chilean mercenary anyway, but what baffled me was some blasphemous blues creaming on the possibility of having him and dispatching our Sergio, who's legs had apparently gone. Mindboggling

Not keeping Samir Nasri was a good decision. He looked good at times pre season but whether it was his decision to leave or Peps’ it was the right one.

I think Pep has been very clever with transfers. Never liked Sanchez especially as some though he was the replacement for Kun. We are in such a strong position, the market is paying stupid money for average players and Pep hasn’t jumped on the bandwagon. Players now want to come here for the way we are playing, the experience of belonging to a team,winning and all the other bits that go along with a club that is thundering along creating the noises players have been craving. Of course there will always be wage mercenaries, and we certainly dodged that with Sanchez. I hope the rags find it difficult to shift him and he bleeds them dry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.