Dominik Szoboszlai

36 out of 38 what season was that?
I think we won our last 10 or so the season before we won the league then 26 of the first 28 the year we won it. I'm not 100% certain but it was something like that. I would say by the time you beat us (4-0?) after we won the league you were probably back on top. But for that period we were very good.

My view is that Kovacic is the best signing of the close-season so far. The issue is that we have lost Gundogan, so there is no benefit, though I think Kovacic will surprise many.
One other thing to realise is that all of the teams that people are fretting about are a long way adrift of us. it could definitely also be argued that some of our players will continue to improve - Alvarez, Haaland, Akanji, Lewis, Phil and Jack, to name a few. We have exciting youth coming into the first team squad in Bobb and McAtee, and we may sign the best young centre-back in world football. It is never nice to see rivals signing good players, but we can surely handle two weeks of peace after the season we have just had.
There is benefit - he’s four years his junior. Good business if they’re like for like skills wise.

Cmon bro. You gotta give me that? We won 36 out of 38 league games at one point! I know it's your forum and I'm a guest but do you really think that?
100%. I'll go further and say that if you were refereed like us and we were refereed like you, we'd never drop a point.

For the last five years I kept telling myself I'm not going to pay for a ticket for Anfield because I'm sick of getting screwed over every year but every year (obviously covid year excepting) I've caved in. This year, however, I'm fairly determined to stick to that.

For any City fan on here, can you give me any 50/50 decisions we've had, home or away, against this lot? I'll start you off, Sterling given offside when he was onside at our place when the dippers won 3-0 or something like that. I can't recall any more (but then again I've only been going since 1968).

I think we won our last 10 or so the season before we won the league then 26 of the first 28 the year we won it. I'm not 100% certain but it was something like that. I would say by the time you beat us (4-0?) after we won the league you were probably back on top. But for that period we were very good.
Do you get a trophy for that?

There is benefit - he’s four years his junior. Good business if they’re like for like skills wise.
No one (IMO) is like for like with Gundo.
I think that Kovacic is a more dynamic player but, for me, Gundo was the most technical player in the whole EPL. IMO though, a central midfield of Rodri, Foden and Kovacic is immense, so to Rodri, KDB, Foden/Kovacic.

I think Kovacic will surprise many.

Agreed. He's a bit underrated due to having played in a dysfunctional team. Imo, he's better at dribbling in tight spaces in midfield and carrying the ball from deep positions than the other CMs we currently have. He may be highly useful both against high-pressing teams and low blocks.

Agreed. He's a bit underrated due to having played in a dysfunctional team. Imo, he's better at dribbling in tight spaces in midfield and carrying the ball from deep positions than the other CMs we currently have. He may be highly useful both against high-pressing teams and low blocks.
TOTALLY agree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.