Donald Trump

Trump fined more than $350 million in New York business fraud case

FYI, In NY the law states that he has to pay the fine in order to appeal.

Oof the interest rate is 9% if he doesn't pay right away!

Yep. Sadly his personal wealth is $2.6b - so not close to going bust yet. He may have a liquidity problem for a while mind.
My net worth is 2.6B too if I value my house at 2.601B with a false appraisal and subtract my mortgage. And it’s even higher if I ascribe value to my “personal brand”.

This is my view as well. They are almost a parody of a functioning system
The complete opposite of what you'd expect from a well run country, no public healthcare, limited public protections, grifters encouraged and the entrenched ability to own instruments if death.

Yep. Sadly his personal wealth is $2.6b - so not close to going bust yet. He may have a liquidity problem for a while mind.
He SAYS he's worth $2.6 Billion, but what has he just been fined for?

That's right, lying about his finances.

I recon if he liquidated all his assets he'd be lucky to get anywhere near that figure.

Quote from Judge Engoron captures it nicely:

"The English poet Alexander Pope (1688-1744) first declared, “To err is human, to forgive is divine.” Defendants apparently are of a different mind. After some four years of investigation and litigation, the only error (“inadvertent,” of course) that they acknowledge is the tripling of the size of the Trump Tower Penthouse, which cannot be gainsaid. Their complete lack of contrition and remorse borders on pathological. They are accused only of inflating asset values to make more money. The documents prove this over and over again. This is a venial sin, not a mortal sin. Defendants did not commit murder or arson. They did not rob a bank at gunpoint. Donald Trump is not Bernard Madoff. Yet, defendants are incapable of admitting the error of their ways. Instead, they adopt a “See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil” posture that the evidence belies.

This Court is not constituted to judge morality; it is constituted to find facts and apply the law. In this particular case, in applying the law to the facts, the Court intends to protect the integrity of the financial marketplace and, thus, the public as a whole. Defendants’ refusal to admit error—indeed, to continue it, according to the Independent Monitor—constrains this Court to conclude that they will engage in it going forward unless judicially restrained."
Great judgment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.