Dunkirk ( the film )

Half of France went on to totally collaborate and actively support the Nazis, involving themselves in
the mass arrest and deportation of Jews and other 'Undesirables,' and implementing nazi policies.
I think we can accuse them of that.
You can't say for sure that wouldn't have happened here under Nazi occupation.

You can't say for sure that wouldn't have happened here under Nazi occupation.
No, that's correct, but Holland, Denmark, Belgium, Greece, Norway and others did not directly set up an
administration that openly and actively supported the aims of the third reich, France did.
Why?

They should do a remake of the Dambusters.

Was watching skynews where they all sit around a table and discuss topics of the week well to cut a long story short the Dambusters was mention and this person didn't even know about the Dambusters.

This has been in the pipelines for years! I bet it'd be 90% computer graphics. I dearly want to see how they show the bursting of the dams! Perhaps a couple of planes could go off course and drop one of the bouncers on The Elysee and Merkel's flat just to remind them they haven't settled the bill for all the hardware we left behind at Dunkirk! I've been down that beach and there's no sign of it. Just bloody well nicked - the thieving gits!

No, that's correct, but Holland, Denmark, Belgium, Greece, Norway and others did not directly set up an
administration that openly and actively supported the aims of the third reich, France did.
Why?

'Cos their governments have always been duplicitous, dissembling bastards. They've never got over the battering they took at Waterloo!

Why?
I'm sure there's a book or several that address that but I'm not sure that the Jews deported from those other countries to Auschwitz appreciated any distinction.

Why?

That's not entirely true though

Denmark surrendered before their was even a full invasion and the government did adeal to stay in power and neutral in exchange for support of germany and an agreement to return jewish refugees.
The netherlands had it's own nazi party and when the government and royals went into exile,(like the french government) the dutch civil service and police colaberated with the german occupying administration. On a footballing note Ajax suffered greatly as a club know to have a large jewish support at the time.
Belgium - simlilar to the dutch.
Norway actually had one of the biggest resistance forces, but still were controlled and collaberated with germany, thought the goverment refused to surrender and were removed.
every occupied country though, mainly some or all part of their civil service or police forces collaberated, the french Vichy governmemt one one of them, but no different to any other, it's a bit unfair to blame the whole french nation.

Last edited:
Just watched it at the imax. Pile of shit.
It's just 100 minutes of the same 10 minute scene. People get trapped in something,struggle, then they escape. That's all it is over and over again. There's no character development so it's hard to give a shit about anybody, in fact about 10 words are spoken in the whole film and it's impossible to hear them because the bass in the imax is way too loud!
I'm stopping trusting reviewers now, not the first time I've been stung

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.