Ederson Moraes

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds like this really is on then? suppose the fee will be helped out by selling hart and bravo? probably cover the ederson fee by selling these two, giving willy another one year contract and then bring rulli in in 2018 to compete with ederson?

sounds like this really is on then? suppose the fee will be helped out by selling hart and bravo? probably cover the ederson fee by selling these two, giving willy another one year contract and then bring rulli in in 2018 to compete with ederson?

I don't think Rulli will ever play for us to be honest. He'd be stupid to come here at 25/26 to be back up to a player the same age, especially one as good as Ederson.

I don't think Rulli will ever play for us to be honest. He'd be stupid to come here at 25/26 to be back up to a player the same age, especially one as good as Ederson.

yeah possibly true mate, would be a nice problem to have though! lol I suppose my only thinking is to cover long term injuries, loss of form etc?

Not longterm. He was seen as a two year stopgap till we buy Rulli in 2018.

I agree he's a stop gap but I think it's always been an IF regarding Rulli. I don't believe the plan has ever been 100% for us to buy him back. Seems more like an insurance policy in case he develops into a keeper we actually want.

Regarding the fee, i'm surprised people are that worried about it. £33m is a lot, but it's an amount that clubs (well us) seem to routinely piss up the wall on outfield players that aren't up to the job. The goalkeeping position is a clear weakness in our squad at the moment and it's something that needs fixing for the long term. If this guy is deemed capable of solving our problem he's worth every penny of it.

Agree that if we can find a youngish keeper with the foot skills of Bravo with improved shot and cross stopping ability he would be worth heavily investing in.
They are a rare beast, though.

I agree he's a stop gap but I think it's always been an IF regarding Rulli. I don't believe the plan has ever been 100% for us to buy him back. Seems more like an insurance policy in case he develops into a keeper we actually want.

Regarding the fee, i'm surprised people are that worried about it. £33m is a lot, but it's an amount that clubs (well us) seem to routinely piss up the wall on outfield players that aren't up to the job. The goalkeeping position is a clear weakness in our squad at the moment and it's something that needs fixing for the long term. If this guy is deemed capable of solving our problem he's worth every penny of it.

The Rulli situation is a win-win, either earn some profit or get a good goalkeeper for cheap. Right now its looking like he will stay in Spain. Don't think hes is up to the required standard yet, I doubt he ever will be but the option is still there next summer.

Hart is going to be sold for £15-20m. That leaves Willy and Bravo. I would like Bravo to improve and show his worth, I just don't know how likely it is to happen. He is low on confidence and simply lacks the communication skills of Willy. There is still a lot of time left but as of now it is looking like Willy will keep his place. That means he'll probably be offered an extension and we maybe get £10m for Bravo. In order for Bravo to stay he'll need to make a dramatic turn around otherwise I think hes off and Willy stays. Would be very surprised to see both leave. That makes the fee for Ederson reasonable and I would be confident going into next season with him and Willy as our 2 main keepers.

Ederson is apparently on the brink of a call-up for the Brazilian national team. If we want him, we should get this deal sorted before the fee goes up even more.

The Rulli situation is a win-win, either earn some profit or get a good goalkeeper for cheap. Right now its looking like he will stay in Spain. Don't think hes is up to the required standard yet, I doubt he ever will be but the option is still there next summer.

Hart is going to be sold for £15-20m. That leaves Willy and Bravo. I would like Bravo to improve and show his worth, I just don't know how likely it is to happen. He is low on confidence and simply lacks the communication skills of Willy. There is still a lot of time left but as of now it is looking like Willy will keep his place. That means he'll probably be offered an extension and we maybe get £10m for Bravo. In order for Bravo to stay he'll need to make a dramatic turn around otherwise I think hes off and Willy stays. Would be very surprised to see both leave. That makes the fee for Ederson reasonable and I would be confident going into next season with him and Willy as our 2 main keepers.

Ederson is apparently on the brink of a call-up for the Brazilian national team. If we want him, we should get this deal sorted before the fee goes up even more.
Where would this leave Gunn?

Fired?

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.