Edin Dzeko (contract update page 370)

Mister Appointment said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
Don't know why people are claiming he had a "very good game", needs to score to get going, hasn't been good enough so far this season.

Because when your forwards don't score, which happens to all of them even the very best, if they do everything else right then they deserve praise.

Don't know why people need to ignore 90 minutes of a wonderful performance and wander around the forum nit picking at very small things just to pick at our players (even those who didn't play today).

How am I ignoring 90 minutes of a wonderful performance? for a start did you miss the part when he was substituted today? That's not 90 minutes. There's also a difference between nit picking and warranted criticism, We've sold Negredo and have to cover the amount of goals he scored last season, so far Dzeko hasn't put the ball in the net despite playing well in some games. No striker in world football would play like Dzeko has so far this season and expect everyone to praise how well he's playing. I suspect he's as frustrated with not scoring as I am, if not more so.

He needs to try to stay on his feet more if he wants decisions. Typical header in the first half.

Mister Appointment said:
Don't know why people are claiming he had a "very good game", needs to score to get going, hasn't been good enough so far this season.

Because when your forwards don't score, which happens to all of them even the very best, if they do everything else right then they deserve praise.

Don't know why people need to ignore 90 minutes of a wonderful performance and wander around the forum nit picking at very small things just to pick at our players (even those who didn't play today).

How am I ignoring 90 minutes of a wonderful performance? for a start did you miss the part when he was substituted today? That's not 90 minutes. There's also a difference between nit picking and warranted criticism, We've sold Negredo and have to cover the amount of goals he scored last season, so far Dzeko hasn't put the ball in the net despite playing well in some games. No striker in world football would play like Dzeko has so far this season and expect everyone to praise how well he's playing. I suspect he's as frustrated with not scoring as I am, if not more so.

Well for starters you're ignoring his wonderful performance by criticising the fact he didn't score (neither did Kun). D'you think he'd have been subbed had we not had a man sent off? The answer as you well know, is no chance.

I also find there's little point in making nonsense statements about covering the amount of goals another player scored in a totally different season. We haven't had a problem with scoring goals, we've struggled at times to create, which is normal when everyone you play against shows little to no desire to actually play.

So going back to where you pitched up to tell me that I can't say he had a very good game. Edin had a very good game today, just as the rest of our team did. Deserves his due rather than criticism. But then I guess on Bluemoon that's becoming far too much to ask when it's populated hyper critical moaners.

I was really pleased with Dzeko's work today, it seemed a very all-round performance. Back defending when needed, picking up the ball deep, beating men, finding a pass. Would've been brilliant if he had of been playing in midfield.

I thought we needed him to be in the box today, so that when crosses came in, he at least would have a chance to win a header. I know he had one in the first half, but I didn't think he played enough as a striker, if you know what I mean. It seemed as though Sergio was playing as the out-and-out striker, whereas Edin was playing a number 10 role, which to me seems the wrong way round. Maybe Aguero has a niggle, so doesn't want to be running around too much?

Mister Appointment said:
Mister Appointment said:

Well for starters you're ignoring his wonderful performance by criticising the fact he didn't score (neither did Kun). D'you think he'd have been subbed had we not had a man sent off? The answer as you well know, is no chance.

I also find there's little point in making nonsense statements about covering the amount of goals another player scored in a totally different season. We haven't had a problem with scoring goals, we've struggled at times to create, which is normal when everyone you play against shows little to no desire to actually play.

So going back to where you pitched up to tell me that I can't say he had a very good game. Edin had a very good game today, just as the rest of our team did. Deserves his due rather than criticism. But then I guess on Bluemoon that's becoming far too much to ask when it's populated hyper critical moaners.

Try not to put words in people's mouths when having a debate with them, it's petty although expected when someone is over compensating for their lack of an argument.

Firstly, thanks for mentioning Kun, he had a disappointing game today as well, but hasn't had a disappointing start to the season having scored 3 goals. I quite simply said I don't understand how people are claiming he had a great game, he did alright, no worse, no better. Everything else was in reference to his season on a whole so far, do you follow?

I thought he worked too hard for the team, he should have been the focal point backing into Cahill and Terry instead he was winning the ball in the left back spot.

Kun Aguero said:
I thought he worked too hard for the team, he should have been the focal point backing into Cahill and Terry instead he was winning the ball in the left back spot.

There is something in this. I felt neither he or Aguero stretched their defence enough.

I don think our forwards are flying yet. If they click then we will fly.

BlueBarratt said:
I was really pleased with Dzeko's work today, it seemed a very all-round performance. Back defending when needed, picking up the ball deep, beating men, finding a pass. Would've been brilliant if he had of been playing in midfield.

I thought we needed him to be in the box today, so that when crosses came in, he at least would have a chance to win a header. I know he had one in the first half, but I didn't think he played enough as a striker, if you know what I mean. It seemed as though Sergio was playing as the out-and-out striker, whereas Edin was playing a number 10 role, which to me seems the wrong way round. Maybe Aguero has a niggle, so doesn't want to be running around too much?
With Aguero it's how we normally play him as the furthest forward because of his pace.

MCFC4EVR said:
BlueBarratt said:

With Aguero it's how we normally play him as the furthest forward because of his pace.

I was only making the point that if I were to ask one of the strikers to drop deeper and pick up the ball, I would choose Aguero ahead of Dzeko. So if it was a tactical decision, it strikes me as odd. Was probably just how the game played out though

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Kun Aguero said:

There is something in this. I felt neither he or Aguero stretched their defence enough.

I don think our forwards are flying yet. If they click then we will fly.
I think that's just a feature of Chelsea's defense, I mean Diego Costa was marking Dzeko for crying out lout. They parked the bus, and hoped to make something in a counter attack.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.