Edin Dzeko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Edin Dzeko legend

evorus said:
Ah come on, that what you call criticize i call it insulting. Just imagine how dzeko would feel reading all this. You guys have no manners, nor do you know how to discuss things in a good way.
Given your first two posts I'm not totally convinced that you're the person to teach us how to discuss things in a good way.

Look - we appreciate he's a bit of a hero figure to Bosnians but to us he's just another player. And if you read this forum, it will soon become clear that every player gets criticism at some time, even players like Kompany, Silva, Aguero & Zabaleta, who are close to gods at this club.

If you go back a few pages and read MCFC BOB's post, it sums up what many City fans feel about Edin. Occasionally frustrating but he bangs in those goals regularly and as long as he puts in the work and carries on doing that we'll take him. One of our most adored players of the last 15-20 years is Shaun Goater and he was pretty much the same. Both were top guys off the field as well.

So get rid of this idea that we hate him. We don't. But we'd like to see more of the good and less of the bad because when he's good, he's very good indeed.

pudge said:
noise said:
pudge said:
Only 1 poster has said they "hate" Dzeko.,

That's 1 person on a forum, not "half of City fans" like it has been said.

99.999999999999999% of City fans support Edin and cheer his name but that doesn't mean they can't scrutinize his performances.

1 poster has gone over the top by saying he "hates him" but the majority of Dzeko's fans are FAR too sensitive to anything negative said towards Dzeko.

All this "Aguero and Tevez don't get abused when they blah blah blah", this is the Dzeko thread. Go start a separate thread about the player and they'll get scrutinized as well if they do something wrong.

This whole "woe is Dzeko" pushes posters to the edge but it doesn't take away from the fact that so long as he plays for this club he gets everyone's full support, but again, that doesn't make him exempt from criticism.

Every player has room for improvement and glaring weaknesses, pointing these out doesn't mean you 'hate' the player.

Barry needs to learn to use his right foot, am I a 'Barry hater'?

Garcia has the turning circle of an oil tanker, am I a 'Garcia hater'?

Tevez needs to pass the ball more, am I a 'Tevez hater'?

But ultimately it doesn't matter what I think because I'm quite clearly a 'Dzeko hater'

You're hating which makes you a hater.. don't be ashamed of it. Own it girl!
And nonsensical, random and slightly patronizing posts like these don't help either
Because your posts are so constructive.

noise said:
pudge said:
noise said:
And nonsensical, random and slightly patronizing posts like these don't help either
Case in point.

Like I said, my post wouldn't matter to many as I doubt you even read it because I'm a "Dzeko hater"

noise said:
pudge said:
noise said:
I've had my disagreements with pudge, but yes his posts are constructive.

I believe the only poster that has said he hates Dzeko is benarbia who hates all our players and trolls like no ones business. He doesn't really count in my opinion.

evorus said:
pominoz said:
evorus said:
I've beed reading this thread for a long time. Never bothered to post because you guys just make me sick. Like this guy here, making up his own rules about what a "real" city fan is. Who the f'''' are you to decide that? Take for example people who live in other countries, and they don't have the means to travel to england and watch a game, just because of that he is less of a city fan? And even if he is not a real "fan" as you describe it, you should fu***** be glad that he is supporting one of "your" players. And why won't you even let him be happy about it? Seriously, you guys need help.

Yeah, we should just agree with the new comers that are here only because of one player, and never ever criticize that player, even if he has bad games or point out where he could improve. Would not want to upset the Bosnian Massive, would we?

You may have noticed that this is a Manchester City forum and we have different views on every topic and player, if you want to read only glowing reviews of Dzeko, find a Dzeko is god forum (i am sure there are a few) and fuck off from telling us real City fans what we should think about any player.
No City fan hates Dzeko, we all want him to be the best that he can be, but if he fucks up, we have every right to say he fucked up, even if it means his fanboys throw a hissy fit.
Every one of our players has had criticism at some point, the difference is that they do not have a fanatical following that spits the dummy at the slightest thing said against them.
In other words, do one, as you surely will when Dzeko goes.

Ah come on, that what you call criticize i call it insulting. Just imagine how dzeko would feel reading all this. You guys have no manners, nor do you know how to discuss things in a good way. You act as if you own the club. That is just ridiculous. One could think there exists a law about how a supporter should be. And what i've seen so far is that there are more of you guys who act towards dzeko in e ngeative way then those who are "fanatical" about him. I'm telling you, you guys have some serious issues. Even when he scores the winning goals you manage somehow to praise everyone else besides him. That's what i've seen so far. And trust me i'm not fanatic about him and often do criticize him when he does bad, but never in the way you lot did lol. Just to make it clear. I like aguero and tevez aswell.

That i am afraid is your problem, not ours.

I read this forums regulary, and most of the time i dont have the urge to write on it.
But im revolted by crtisizm of Dzeko`ś last goalless game.
Last five games Edin was a starter and City got 5 wins. Ofc he didnt played alone and win by himself, but why to critisize something that is going well. Im Bosnian, but i like all 4 City strikers, and when it was going bad, i think that it is not becouse strikers bad form, but becouse poor Manchini`s managment and midfieldes that have no idea how to create chances for strikers.
There is a only few strikers who can get the ball on midfiled and score without much help of the rest of the team.

And i realy dont get Manchini jugement about rotating strikers. Pick two of them, give them 10 games and see result (even if means that Dzeko is on the bench).
I have watched all City games from time that Dzeko arrived to City, and i think ive gote some insight in Manchini`s game setup. Its always the same problem. If there is no early goal, no matter which strikes is playing its game without idea, until 60-70 min when its play for all or nothing

Sorry if my english is poor.

salocha said:
I read this forums regulary, and most of the time i dont have the urge to write on it.
But im revolted by crtisizm of Dzeko`ś last goalless game.
Last five games Edin was a starter and City got 5 wins. Ofc he didnt played alone and win by himself, but why to critisize something that is going well. Im Bosnian, but i like all 4 City strikers, and when it was going bad, i think that it is not becouse strikers bad form, but becouse poor Manchini`s managment and midfieldes that have no idea how to create chances for strikers.
There is a only few strikers who can get the ball on midfiled and score without much help of the rest of the team.

And i realy dont get Manchini jugement about rotating strikers. Pick two of them, give them 10 games and see result (even if means that Dzeko is on the bench).
I have watched all City games from time that Dzeko arrived to City, and i think ive gote some insight in Manchini`s game setup. Its always the same problem. If there is no early goal, no matter which strikes is playing its game without idea, until 60-70 min when its play for all or nothing

Sorry if my english is poor.
that is a big one and a reason why we need to offload some guys in the summer. Because all our strikers demand starting places, we can never get a consistent partnership going. Mancini needs to decide on a partnership and stick with it, and that partnership is probably Aguero and one of Dzeko/Tevez.

Salocha welcome to the forum.

I agree we have four great strikers, but having met Edin at training for me he is special.

We have a tough game at Stoke tomorrow , they are physical and a big side.

But we can win.

Getting better and better, could and should have scored imo. Nice little bits of skill and passing too!

He had around 3 incisive through balls where I was like, "Damn, Is that Dzeko?"

Good stuff, Edin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.