Elano is class

kinkladze10

dont understand why people are gettin on his back r thy blind. he playin loads of long balls not all are goin to come off, the guy is class

kinkladze10 said:
dont understand why people are gettin on his back r thy blind. he playin loads of long balls not all are goin to come off, the guy is class

I'm with you brother...I think we look more confident when he's on the pitch in the first half he was covering/offering support for garrido quite a lot.

He's had to change his game a little in this team. He has far more running and closing down to do under Hughes and he's doing it alright, I hope he keeps trying his long passes because they'll go for him again at some point.

dannybcity said:
He's had to change his game a little in this team. He has far more running and closing down to do under Hughes and he's doing it alright, I hope he keeps trying his long passes because they'll go for him again at some point.
Talking of long passes i thought that Kompany's long passes and all round play was fantastic today.

I agree that Elano is class and he plays the way I want to see football played.

However, I would add that he can have no complaints about being dropped at any time because his form since last Christmas has been patchy to say the least. He is also in competition in an excellent squad now. A squad where the likes of Robinho and Ireland play in similar positions and have been massively superior to him so far this season.

Regardless of this, I rate the bloke very highly and have no doubt he will play a big part in continued success.

One point I would mention though is that the reason I rate him is because, when on form, he does not have to resort to the 'long balls' that are praised in the opening post. His best play coincides with him manipulating space with his first touch and dictating play with short, intricate passing and quick through balls.

I rate him because, imo, he has the ability to play the game as it should be played and play a Pirlo type role for City. Not because he plays the game like the over rated show pony Beckham and hoofs the ball over the top all the time in expectation of massive praise for the one in five that finds his target.

People have every right to pull him up on regular punts over the top that fail to find their target (I don't know if they have but the opening post suggests that) and I would agree with them. His dip in form coincided with more and more of these and less of what he is best at (what I've described above).

People (and not just City fans, football fans in general) need to rid themselves of this obsession with praising the glory ball over the top merchants who regularly lose possession. Elano is much better than that and should be pulled up on it when he starts to do it as virtually his first option.

i for one am still sort of blinded by how good he started off so since december when he hasn't been able to match it ive thought hes been playing crap, and at times he aint the best, but like today i was watching online and just dint tink he put in a good performance but when i watched it properly he was playing a gr8 game, some of the passes dint work but others were pheonominal like last years when he was on top of his game.

Plus i think he is playing a different role, ireland is playing out of his skin and is doing everything if not more than what elano was doing at the start of last season.

I think we will see him there more often this season. He does play there for Brazil too, so it's not like he's never played there before.

I thought he was having a bit of a mare, he just needs to stop trying so hard though.

I reckon Hughes is tryin to turn him into his new Tugay. Someone who will sit deep and and spray balls about. I think he is suited to the role and if Hughes is doing this then I think it is genius on his part, it will give us an added dimension in the middle of the park over the course of the season. Presuming Petrov, SWP, Rob and Jo will be the front 4 most of the time, we have options in the centre (to partner Kompo)which all bring something different to the team in Elano, Hamman/Gelson, Ireland and Johnson and can be played dependent on the opposition.

We actually have numerous class players for alot of positions! :O

Elano is class!just sven played him to soon after injury,and out of position.that affected his confidence etc etc..i think we`ll see his quality now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.