Eliaquim Mangala - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
You assume he won't,if fab can anyone can..

I don't think Fab is a relevant comparison in that way. It's not a case of if Delp can, anyone can. Fab was already a very capable player - a better ball player than Manga. Pep, much as I rate him, has not performed some sort of water into wine miracle with Delph. With Delph, Pep has appreciated his qualities and got him to apply them to being a full back; that Delph has adapted quickly is far more to do with his ability than anything else.

That is not to say Pep has not helped Delph improve but he has done that with every player and I have no reason to believe he won't do so with Mangala.

I don't think Fab is a relevant comparison in that way. It's not a case of if Delp can, anyone can. Fab was already a very capable player - a better ball player than Manga. Pep, much as I rate him, has not performed some sort of water into wine miracle with Delph. With Delph, Pep has appreciated his qualities and got him to apply them to being a full back; that Delph has adapted quickly is far more to do with his ability than anything else.

That is not to say Pep has not helped Delph improve but he has done that with every player and I have no reason to believe he won't do so with Mangala.
Fair points,with mangler he has only been training with pep since july so i think he does have the scope to improve a lot and with more games played i think he will

I think his fitness record makes him third choice.

We could go round in circles on this but I think Vinnie is still first choice when fit; although Stones is starting to push him and Ota has closed the gap. What is clear is that Mangala is fourth choice and some of us think he is a decent enough fourth choice for the time being; some don't.

Fair points,with mangler he has only been training with pep since july so i think he does have the scope to improve a lot and with more games played i think he will

I agree.

Manga is a bright guy and wants to learn. Even though he has not played much, you can see he has been drilled on positional play.

Mangala is great guy and probably not good enough. But as others pointed - is it really easy to find someone who's good enough and ready to be as down in the Pep's CB choice as Mangala is? I'm not sure about that and that maybe makes him good enough. Barely. He did nothing wrong last night, solid defensive display.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.