Eliaquim Mangala - now official

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Eliaquim Mangala

I will admit I haven't seen that much of him, but from what I have seen and read, he's not the complete package yet. Far from it. Benatia, on the other hand, I've seen plenty and he was the one I was hoping for all along. Hope Mangala and Txiki will prove me wrong, but right now I'm not overly excited by this signing.

Kladze said:
I will admit I haven't seen that much of him, but from what I have seen and read, he's not the complete package yet. Far from it. Benatia, on the other hand, I've seen plenty and he was the one I was hoping for all along. Hope Mangala and Txiki will prove me wrong, but right now I'm not overly excited by this signing.

This

Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Tbilisi said:
Hope im wrong but this guy is not the answer for us.Sincerely hope im wrong.

How much have you seen of him?
You're normally a pretty good judge so I find your comments disturbing.

Ive watched him play a few times (all TV for the full 90) and cant say I have seen him have a good game.He scored a couple in one game but to be honest I was watching his defensive abilities.

His positional play has been awful,I have been dreading his signing.Benatia in every game I have seen him in has been just what we need now.

As I say hope im wrong,I really do,you can tell me so if I am,wont mind!

Tbilisi said:
Wilf Wild 1937 said:
Tbilisi said:
Hope im wrong but this guy is not the answer for us.Sincerely hope im wrong.

Ive watched him play a few times (all TV for the full 90) and cant say I have seen him have a good game.He scored a couple in one game but to be honest I was watching his defensive abilities.

His positional play has been awful,I have been dreading his signing.Benatia in every game I have seen him in has been just what we need now.

I'll bet you 20 £ that he'll be a success here.

Bruun said:
Tbilisi said:
Wilf Wild 1937 said:

Youre on,hope I have to pay out.Success defined as him playing 30 plus games and us winning the title and maybe CL quarters?

With Benatia I believe we would have done better than this.

adrianr said:
Well its certainly not been a knee jerk signing if all goes through ok. We can trust in the fact we've looked very long and hard at him.

I agree mate.....They've been watching this kid for the past 12months, so know what they are getting and must feel confident in this guy, to hold on so long to get the deal done.....I do think we would have been getting Benatia in his prime and would be solid from day one, where Mangala has a bigger upside but is young and might have a few mistakes in him....He is quicker than Benatia so can fill the gaps a lot faster and fits our system perfectly....Once this is confirmed I think it could be our last major signing of this window....

Tbilisi said:
Bruun said:
Tbilisi said:

Youre on,hope I have to pay out.Success defined as him playing 30 plus games and us winning the title and maybe CL quarters?

30 Games in the league or overall? And surely with us winning league + CL quarters depending on group.

Can't help but have reservations about this deal.Not seen a whole lot of him but what I have seen has been bang average.The fees being mentioned just seem so wrong.

Bruun said:
Tbilisi said:
Bruun said:

30 Games in the league or overall? And surely with us winning league + CL quarters depending on group.

30 overall,if hes a success he will play much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.