Emirates Stadium

deynaskaz

Right come on help me in my hour of need,train travel to the arsenal game is it advisable with an 8pm kick off,if so do i get to Euston station or somewhere else,and what will it be like getting a train home ,all you away regulars please advise.

deynaskaz said:
Right come on help me in my hour of need,train travel to the arsenal game is it advisable with an 8pm kick off,if so do i get to Euston station or somewhere else,and what will it be like getting a train home ,all you away regulars please advise.

You need to leave on the final whistle and be 1 of the first in the tube cue - easy enough to get back to kings cross / euston
However, No train back to manc!!
Theres a 1025pm to sheffield that we have got several times - no good if your in manc though!!

Or if there's extra time and penalties.
bainy said:
deynaskaz said:

You need to leave on the final whistle and be 1 of the first in the tube cue - easy enough to get back to kings cross / euston
Theres a 1025pm to sheffield that we have got several times - no good if your in manc though!!

What ever happened to the days of the football special ?

Years ago we would just go down on the train and get herded back to the station to get the train back home. Whilst this would not suit most people for a weekend KO - it would be perfect for mid week. Leave Manchester at 4:45pm arrive at Euston circa 7pm - 1 hour should be just enough time to get to the stadium. Train leaves when we are ready (after extra time).

Anyone remeber the trip to West Ham last away of the season when we ot relegated. I found the ticket for the football special in an old box of city stuff the other day.

Someone should contact the club to see if it could be arranged.

Yes extra time and penalties messes things up.
Also, I'm sure *some* underground stations near to the stadium close on matchdays because they are simply not big enough to cope with the numbers and you have to go down long winding stairs that were deemed not safe. Not 100% on that but definately happened when they first moved there.....

we are on the 23.30 back to leeds gets in at leeds 2.45 then the airport train back to picc paid £20 single to leeds from london.

Blackcrowes said:

Years ago we would just go down on the train and get herded back to the station to get the train back home. Whilst this would not suit most people for a weekend KO - it would be perfect for mid week. Leave Manchester at 4:45pm arrive at Euston circa 7pm - 1 hour should be just enough time to get to the stadium. Train leaves when we are ready (after extra time).

Anyone remeber the trip to West Ham last away of the season when we ot relegated. I found the ticket for the football special in an old box of city stuff the other day.

And all for a tenner!

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Blackcrowes said:

And all for a tenner!
and Ian Cheeseman making the butties!!

There is a National Express leaving Victoria at 11.30pm..... takes 6 hours but you can get your head down and then straight to work lol

Also Megabus leaves Victoria at 11pm and takes 4 hours

bainy said:
deynaskaz said:

Which is the best tube station to go to after the game Finsbury Park or Highbury & Islington? Aiming to get the 10.25 back to sheff but unsure if i'll have enough time.

jdcmcfc said:
bainy said:
deynaskaz said:

Which is the best tube station to go to after the game Finsbury Park or Highbury & Islington? Aiming to get the 10.25 back to sheff but unsure if i'll have enough time.

I've posted tube details on the next page!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.