Emirates Stadium

cleavers said:
deynaskaz said:
ok so whats parking like around the ground. cheers lads
Pretty shite to be honest.
I would drive down to somewhere you can get the tube, park there, and then join the queue for the tube back, Cockfosters is in Barnet on the right tube and not far from the M25, not sure what parking is like round there, but I'm sure its better than round the ground, and its about 8 stations down the line.

Pretty shite doesn't do it justice. Everywhere within 10 minutes walk is covered by the residents parking scheme on matchdays, and if you thought you'd just park locally and take the hit on the parking fine, don't - if you park illegally there is something like an 85% chance they will tow you away.

Those heading into the City for trains back north, remember that you can be held queueing to get onto the tube for a good 15 minutes, and the tube is maybe 15 minutes from Kings Cross/Euston. Since it's (a) and 8.00 pm kick off, and (b) extra time and penalties if it's all level after 90 minutes, you may be in trouble if your last train north is any earlier than about 11.00 pm

The coach trip direct from Etihad seems a safe bet, but driving down and getting the tube in from one of the suburban station is also a pretty good call, TBH. Taking Cockfosters as an example, there is a section on TFL's website (transport for London) which shows the tube stations which have NCP car parks attached. You would struggle to get a space there as they are full of commuters during the day but if you are aiming to arrive at Cockfosters or somewhere by around 6.30 you should be alright, as people will be on their way home by then.

Here is the section about the Piccadilly line (the dark blue one)

Station Max £ Mon-Fri Max £ Sat Max £ Sun & Bank Hols Operator Spaces Disabled bays **
Arnos Grove £4.50 £1.50 £1.00 NCP 312 6
Cockfosters £4.50 £1.50 £1.00 NCP 430
Hatton Cross £9.00 £4.00 £4.00 NCP 104 3
Hounslow East £4.50 £2.00 £2.00 NCP 56 2
Hounslow West £4.50 £2.00 £2.00 NCP 425 10
North Ealing £3.50 £1.00 £1.00 NCP 95 4
Oakwood £4.50 £1.50 £1.00 NCP 150 6
Osterley £4.50 £2.00 £2.00 NCP 135 3
South Harrow £3.50 £1.00 £1.00 NCP 75 3
Sudbury Town £4.00 £1.00 £1.00 NCP 78 3

Try londontown.com for details of maps etc for tube stations (just put 'Cockfosters tube' or wherever into the search box) that site has postcodes too if you're sat-nav ing it.

bennyboy said:
How far is the Seven Sisters area to the Emirates Stadium.

One stop on the tube to Finsbury park, then 10 minutes walk, or about 25-30 mins walk direct from Seven Sisters (not adviable, TBH).

Once you get off the tube at Finsbury Park, Highbury & Islington or Arsenal, the ground is really well signposted. Our support will be the south end of the ground (look for the green area on the stadium planners).

Also try Arsenal's website for travel info - click on 'tickets' and then 'get to emirates'.

Finally, if driving down, watch out for some pretty heavy roadworks on the southbound M1 around Toddington services (J12 or thereabouts) - I'd allow an extra half hour on top of what it would usually take.

That's all the traffic, and now the weather.

All of the above is really good advice. I'm a blue based in London but go to the Emirates quite a lot with an Arsenal mate of mine.

Do not try and drive/park near the ground, it's pretty much impossible and the traffic is awful. I would definitely park near the end of a tube line and get the tube in (like you would for Wembley, now we're there so often!). Best tube station for me is Highbury & Islington (Victoria Line) and then you can walk down the Holloway Road and nip into one of the boozers for a cheeky pint if you fancy. There's never any trouble in the pubs there and I find the Arsenal fans generally a friendly bunch.

After the game, I'd try and run for the tube as quick as you can as there is a strict queuing system to get back into the station and if you don't beat the rush it can take a while. Also, the police sometimes hold fans back on the north side of the Holloway Road to ease congestion and stop fans spilling out into the traffic so, again, it pays to get out of the ground quick. (This is why so many Arsenal fans leave before the final whistle.)

Lastly, if you're training it, same advice applies. From Euston, I would take the Victoria Line to Highbury & Islington and walk up to the ground from there. If you get there early, there's a pub right outside the station exit which has Sky Sports and you can normally get served quite quickly.

PM me if you have any questions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.