Emirates Stadium

deynaskaz said:
Right come on help me in my hour of need,train travel to the arsenal game is it advisable with an 8pm kick off,if so do i get to Euston station or somewhere else,and what will it be like getting a train home ,all you away regulars please advise.

i'm doing the train down (4ish) there are no trains back so i'm jumping in with mates to come back, they will stay for extra time etc thank goodness.

This from Arsenal's site

By Tube and Rail
Arsenal (Piccadilly Line) is the nearest tube station, around three minutes walk from the ground. Finsbury Park (Victoria, Piccadilly Lines and Great Northern rail) and Highbury & Islington (Victoria Line, North London Line and Great Northern rail) stations are around a 10-minute walk - these should be slightly less crowded.

King's Cross is the main connecting station for national rail and any underground lines. From here you can travel to the ground via the Piccadilly Line (to Arsenal) or the Victoria Line (to Highbury & Islington). Alternatively, a short overground rail journey of one stop will take you to Finsbury Park station.

Please note: Holloway Road station will be exit-only before and after matches with pre match eastbound trains non-stopping. Drayton Park is also closed on match days.

Crowd management after matches at Emirates Stadium
To ensure safe entry and exit from local stations, a managed queuing system will be in place.

Arsenal station
Queuing will be outside on Gillespie Road.

Finsbury Park station
Queuing will be outside on Seven Sisters Road/Isledon Road and St Thomas's Road/Rock Street.

Highbury & Islington station
Queuing will be on the south side of Holloway Road. Spectators are advised to follow the route down Holloway Road as no direct access to the station or queuing system will be available from Highbury Fields.

Hornsey Road from Benwell Road to Holloway Road
Closed to pedestrians, emergency access only.

The junction of Drayton Park/Holloway Road
Police controlled crossing point where supporters will be queued and assisted across Holloway Road as quickly as possible.

Looks like im driving then,my lads are 12 and 9 so that sounds like a nightmare,cant believe they wouldnt put a train on for the city fans , ok so whats parking like around the ground. cheers lads

Soccer express are operating special coaches
from etihad stadium direct to the emirates stadium
depart time 13 15
cost only £25
coaches wait even if extra time & pens
to book call soccer express on 0844 856 7811

If you fancy a pint before the game we've always used the 12 Pins on the junction of Blackstock Rd and Sevensisters Rd, 100yds for Finsbury Park tube and rail.
Arsenal pub mostly but never any problems.
10 minutes walk to the Emirates.
we'll be there from 6.45ish.
Cheers

deynaskaz said:
ok so whats parking like around the ground. cheers lads
Pretty shite to be honest.

I would drive down to somewhere you can get the tube, park there, and then join the queue for the tube back, Cockfosters is in Barnet on the right tube and not far from the M25, not sure what parking is like round there, but I'm sure its better than round the ground, and its about 8 stations down the line.

cleavers said:
deynaskaz said:
ok so whats parking like around the ground. cheers lads
Pretty shite to be honest.

I would drive down to somewhere you can get the tube, park there, and then join the queue for the tube back, Cockfosters is in Barnet on the right tube and not far from the M25, not sure what parking is like round there, but I'm sure its better than round the ground, and its about 8 stations down the line.

Yes, last time I went in a coach we stopped at Wood Green tube and the coach parked in a pub car park.<br /><br />-- Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:45 am --<br /><br />
deynaskaz said:
Looks like im driving then,my lads are 12 and 9 so that sounds like a nightmare,cant believe they wouldnt put a train on for the city fans , ok so whats parking like around the ground. cheers lads

Just think it would be too expensive to do these days and British Rail (or whoever) doesnt have the spare carriages these days. They would also shit themselves that it would be full of pissed up hoolies with no one controlling them.
The special train years ago to Arsenal stopped at Euston and you still had to tube it to Arsenal and back after. Could imagine if it took ages to get back, the train could have gone!!

I am going to drive then get the tube dont know what time to set off or where to park the car has anyone driven to the emirates for a night match b4 ? I would apreciate any advice.

From football grounds

How To Get There By Car & Where To Park
Leave the M1 at Junction 2 and onto the A1, following the signs for City (Central London). Keep going on the A1 for around six miles, until you see Holloway Road Tube Station on your right. Take the next left at the traffic lights into Hornsey Road and the stadium is about a 1/4 of a mile further down this road.

There is little parking at the stadium itself or in nearby streets. An extensive residents only parking scheme operates around the stadium on matchdays. It's probably better to park further out of London around a tube station such as Cockfosters and get the tube to the ground.

Tony Attwood adds; 'Cockfosters underground station is the obvious station for fans travelling from the north - it is only about 4 miles south of the M25. It has its own car park but this can be full by as early as 12.30pm. What's more it can be difficult to exit after the game, with most drivers seeking to come out and cross the main road to head north. Unless you have an encyclopaedic knowledge of the streets around the general area of the Emirates, it really isn't worth trying to find some street parking. Football fans on matchdays are easy pickings for the traffic wardens, who contrary to popular belief, do work on Saturday and Sunday afternoons.'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.