England Euro 2016 Squad

He's taken 5 forwards for a team that play one upfront. I'm done

Don't be daft - Everyone knows if you need more goals you just play more strikers. Going to go with a new 4 1 5 formation to accommodate the new messiah.

4-4-2 diamond would be an interesting way for Roy to go with that squad.

Personally I think any team at the Euros who plays 3 at the back would have success against that. In a formation with no width, there's no way England's centre midfield is good enough to split open packed defences down the middle. Dier, Henderson, Milner, Rooney. No chance. Drinkwater is one of the players who would have been capable, his passing is excellent and was a big part of Leicester winning the league.

I'm not seeing much of a plan B either, Townsend would have been a good impact sub. Quick, direct, good finisher.

Why has Barkley gone by the way? Alli, Rooney, Sterling and Lallana are all better in his position (number 10 role). He's literally 5th choice for a position where England are only playing one.

He'd better be looking at using Shrek in midfield.

If he starts with that **** up front on his own England will bore their way home after 2 games.

Would have had Townsend in over Barkley or Lallana, and Drinkwater over Henderson. Not that it would make a huge difference ...

He's definitely going for a diamond 4-4-2 formation. Only trouble is Dier is the only defensive midfielder if he gets injured then there's no way Milner or Henderson can play that role. Then its back to normal 4-4-2

I think it would go to 4231, with Milner/Henderson/Wilshere providing the back 2, Sterling wide, Shrek and someone right (MIlner if not in the middle).

Stones deservedly gone, absolutely has to start.

Barkley also deserves to go. In three games away from Martinez, Stones has gone from shot of confidence to England's best defender. Given the chance, Barkley will too.

Including Rashford is absolute nonsense. It'll be a push to use three of those strikers, let alone five. If a centre half gets injured, England are screwed. Jagielka, or some alternative (if there is any!) should have gone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.