Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

The atmospheric against the rags at Wembley was great. As it was against Madrid at home.

It was great until the officials tried to influence the game again with the pen. It became a bit subdued after that to me. Believe every blue was thinking back to Old Trafford and were praying the cunts didn't cheat their way to another victory. Didn't hear the rags at all until that pen either. Pathetic support.

Even Marca commented about the Madrid game. Considering they're always there or thereabouts and in the Champions League every year it was quite the compliment. I'm sure the dippers were spewing over that praise and acknowledgement.

I think one thing that was made clear at Wembley was how important our core matchgoing fan base is to creating atmosphere.

I didn’t go and I don’t know anyone that did go to Wembley, but from what I could hear/ see/ what others have said, the atmosphere was non existent. It was never going to be amazing, but there was nothing.

Pep wants us to make noise, but if the core city fan base get priced out or stop going it’s going to get worse. The club and football in general needs to find the right balance and start caring about the ‘legacy’ fans in my opinion. It’s not the same club without them.

No doubt posters might say another fan who didn’t go moaning, but I think it’s a genuine issue that was really highlighted in the last game.

The 1894 group did a fantastic job of highlighting this and I think represent our fan base more than anyone. Literally the only group sticking up for us

I think one thing that was made clear at Wembley was how important our core matchgoing fan base is to creating atmosphere.

I didn’t go and I don’t know anyone that did go to Wembley, but from what I could hear/ see/ what others have said, the atmosphere was non existent. It was never going to be amazing, but there was nothing.

Pep wants us to make noise, but if the core city fan base get priced out or stop going it’s going to get worse. The club and football in general needs to find the right balance and start caring about the ‘legacy’ fans in my opinion. It’s not the same club without them.

No doubt posters might say another fan who didn’t go moaning, but I think it’s a genuine issue that was really highlighted in the last game.

The 1894 group did a fantastic job of highlighting this and I think represent our fan base more than anyone. Literally the only group sticking up for us
You're right, there was literally nothing but a few pockets of core fans trying to get some songs going. I don't think most the people around me even knew the songs. Suppose that's what I get for not boycotting and attending when it was mostly non regulars that bought tickets.

It wasn't the experience I was hoping my little niece and nephew would get from it (which was the only reason I went).

Can't not agree with what you said about what the core fans bring to the club. Unfortunately, we've now seen that we are replaceable in terms of bums on seats, and in good numbers for certain games.

I'd rather sit in a half empty stadium with the regular core supporters than a full ground diluted by day trippers who offered nothing towards the atmosphere and didn't really seem bothered.

You're right, there was literally nothing but a few pockets of core fans trying to get some songs going. I don't think most the people around me even knew the songs. Suppose that's what I get for not boycotting and attending when it was mostly non regulars that bought tickets.

It wasn't the experience I was hoping my little niece and nephew would get from it (which was the only reason I went).

Can't not agree with what you said about what the core fans bring to the club. Unfortunately, we've now seen that we are replaceable in terms of bums on seats, and in good numbers for certain games.

I'd rather sit in a half empty stadium with the regular core supporters than a full ground diluted by day trippers who offered nothing towards the atmosphere and didn't really seem bothered.

Or cared too much. Saw one kid in tears on the coverage. Don't think he'd been informed beforehand it was a pre-season friendly. Probably confused by Arsenal's reaction that it actually meant something.

Cheesy has mentioned it on one of his vlogs,he spoke with Kevin Parker on this one.

MEN has picked up the atmosphere/ticketing/timing issue here. I can't say I disagree. Arsenal has bigger catchment area with higher wages, they can drive up ticket prices to nosebleed levels and still attract largely men and lads who will bring a cheeky atmosphere to a game like Saturday's. The Manc situation is different. Keep taking vocal and local matchgoers for granted - or squeezing them out - and we will squeeze the life out of our atmos by pushing people to local clubs lower down the leagues. Yes, the Community Shield fixture was in their back yard, and was a much bigger game for them than it was for us after all the spending, travelling, and emotional journeying City fans have done this year. But our atmos at Wembley was still a poor show and confirmation of what many of us have been warning about on here.

Depends who you ask I suspect. Personally don't regard it as anything more and think most people are of the same opinion. Didn't even watch the first half which says it all.

Its a trophy that goes on the honours list of the winners.

If it was just a friendly, then all clubs who have won it need to remove it as a major honour off their history books

Less tourists more fans.

Lots of us can't afford the prices, were not tarquins.

Stewards who think they're fucking Chuck Norris don't help.

"Keep the language clean or you're out."

I'm sorry I'm a passionate fan who's come to watch a match, not Disney on fucking ice. I'm only derogatory to the opponents and not in any way that could be deemed offensive.

I don't understand why the club doesn't promote more £20 games. It's not as if we can't afford the loss.

More and more the game is being gentrified.

Is it the price of success, or the football rulers wanting sanitised stadiums with goal music sponsored by Budweiser?

The one benefit of that is at least local pubs will thrive with fans pushed out of the stadium paying for a few pints and demanding the landlord mutes the sky commentary team because of their tedious bullshit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.