Etihad Atmosphere - 2022/23

Less tourists more fans.

Lots of us can't afford the prices, were not tarquins.

Stewards who think they're fucking Chuck Norris don't help.

"Keep the language clean or you're out."

I'm sorry I'm a passionate fan who's come to watch a match, not Disney on fucking ice. I'm only derogatory to the opponents and not in any way that could be deemed offensive.

I don't understand why the club doesn't promote more £20 games. It's not as if we can't afford the loss.

More and more the game is being gentrified.

Is it the price of success, or the football rulers wanting sanitised stadiums with goal music sponsored by Budweiser?

The one benefit of that is at least local pubs will thrive with fans pushed out of the stadium paying for a few pints and demanding the landlord mutes the sky commentary team because of their tedious bullshit.
Premier League being gentrified and sanitised, definitely. Was in Stockport the other day and saw more County kits than I've ever seen. Lads that should be ours, or might even be ours, but at County on matchdays because it's around £20 a ticket.

Its a trophy that goes on the honours list of the winners.

If it was just a friendly, then all clubs who have won it need to remove it as a major honour off their history books

It looks good on the photos but come on! A 'major' honour. No, sorry. A team that didn't win anything last season 'qualified' to play in a game that is a two horse race to win a bit of tin. Nothing more.

Depends who you ask I suspect. Personally don't regard it as anything more and think most people are of the same opinion. Didn't even watch the first half which says it all.
Look at Guardiola and Kyle Walker’s celebrations when we scored. Nobody in the history of friendlies has celebrated a goal like that.

It was great until the officials tried to influence the game again with the pen. It became a bit subdued after that to me. Believe every blue was thinking back to Old Trafford and were praying the cunts didn't cheat their way to another victory. Didn't hear the rags at all until that pen either. Pathetic support.

Even Marca commented about the Madrid game. Considering they're always there or thereabouts and in the Champions League every year it was quite the compliment. I'm sure the dippers were spewing over that praise and acknowledgement.
IMG_0493.jpeg

It is, means fuck all. I wouldn’t go free to Wembley for a game i’m not arsed about
It doesn’t mean fuck all. If it meant fuck all no club would have it or it’s equivalent in other league on their official honours lists, yet every single club who’s ever won one does.

Guardiola would never have said, ‘But we won four trophies, not three. It’s a trophy in Spain and in Germany and it was a trophy when another club won it the other year, so why are you not including it for me now?’… when talking to the press in 2019 about the domestic clean sweep.

Of course, it doesn’t mean as much as the major trophies, but it’s still a trophy and doesn’t mean fuck all.

IMG_4028.jpeg
IMG_4029.jpeg

It doesn’t mean fuck all. If it meant fuck all no club would have it or it’s equivalent in other league on their official honours lists, yet every single club who’s ever won one does.

Guardiola would never have said, ‘But we won four trophies, not three. It’s a trophy in Spain and in Germany and it was a trophy when another club won it the other year, so why are you not including it for me now?’… when talking to the press in 2019 about the domestic clean sweep.

Of course, it doesn’t mean as much as the major trophies, but it’s still a trophy and doesn’t mean fuck all.

View attachment 89627
View attachment 89628
Perfectly put

Look at Guardiola and Kyle Walker’s celebrations when we scored. Nobody in the history of friendlies has celebrated a goal like that.

I'm not getting into an argument about it. Personally not that bothered and I know lots that aren't. No pre-match nerves, a mere rolling of the eyes when they equalised and a shout of 'lucky bastards'. No loss of sleep over not winning it. Rather win the first game in the league cup or add a point to our league points tally next season.

Generally I'm a very competitive person and playing local football I'd never regard any game as a 'friendly' as I hate losing. So I can understand Pep and Kyle being like that when they're directly involved. If it means more to others good luck to them.

View attachment 89627
View attachment 89628
Each to their own on it then mate. It’s the only game the rags used to play where i wasn’t remotely arsed if they won or lost and i’m not bothered that we keep losing in it. Pep has put some proper bodged sides out in it at times to get minutes into players legs so he can’t be that bothered. Fair enough he celebrated the goal a lot but suppose he’s in full match mode then. Probably in the minority here obviously but when Arsenal got a late corner i was sat thinking i wouldn’t mind watching a shoot out, as i was bored shitless on a Sunday afternoon. In Istanbul and at Wembley for the FA Cup i was a nervous wreck and fuming when we lost at Southampton in the league cup. Just never seen it as more than a glorified friendly and never will but like i said everyone is entitled to value it more if they want.

Those Arsenal fans certainly did. Was like they’d won big ears.

I'm not getting into an argument about it. Personally not that bothered and I know lots that aren't. No pre-match nerves, a mere rolling of the eyes when they equalised and a shout of 'lucky bastards'. No loss of sleep over not winning it. Rather win the first game in the league cup or add a point to our league points tally next season.

Generally I'm a very competitive person and playing local football I'd never regard any game as a 'friendly' as I hate losing. So I can understand Pep and Kyle being like that when they're directly involved. If it means more to others good luck to them.

we'd of been buggered if you did the marketing then when the club went round saying the Formidables :D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.