Etihad atmosphere

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Prouty, 29 Nov 2015.

1. quiet_riot

quiet_riot

IT Nerd
    Again it goes back to what's going on on the pitch. We were up for it against Hamburg and the team followed suit. We were up for it against RM, but then the team came out all toothless and uninterested.

2. tramazi

tramazi

Nice to see maurinho moaning about the Utd fans, At least we're not that bad

3. citymad

citymad

On that note I can't for the life of me understand why the team didn't leave everything on the pitch. It was one of the biggest nights of their lives. Hopefully if we get the opportunity again Pep will have them raring to go.

4. Mornus

Mornus

Moved into the singing section when it was created. As others have mentioned, I think more people would have relocated had they not offered season tickets at half the price in SS3. This probably turned heads of many potential 'singers' for our block(s). The club will be given the opportunity to move this section again with the North stand expansion and that will probably be the next/only opportunity to get a decent number together.

5. M19 BLUE since 66

M19 BLUE since 66

We always met in shambles before games but since Seville game it's become the meeting place for away fans on European nights against gladback they wouldn't let us in full of Germans now we meet in pic taven then upto the townly

6. Cheadle_hulmeBlue

Cheadle_hulmeBlue

i think a large proportion of people that went to that game weren't season ticket holders. i went with 6 others and none of us were season ticket holders then, but most used to go to maine road. even queuing up beforehand to get tickets talking to most people they weren't ticket holders. large groups of lads/locals and lots of people who used to go maine road went to that match. we have lots of fans like that, that only go to cheaper ticket games. if we adopted a german model those faces would come back.

there is no way the crowd was 90 % regular crowd imo.

7. paulchapo

paulchapo

Also don't forget we hadn't won anything for donkey's year when we played that match so the hunger to actually win a trophy was huge.

8. bugsyblue

bugsyblue

It's not PC mate. It's sexist. Haha.

9. M19 BLUE since 66

M19 BLUE since 66

Middlesbrough l/cup semi second leg 1976 1-0 down after 1st leg won 4-0 on a par with the 5-1

10. Bozo

Bozo

Head Lecturer at the Clown College of Manchester
    I know of only one duty, and that is to love.
    This, totally. I remember pretty much the whole ground applauded the players off the pitch vs. Hamburg despite being knocked out - they gave it 100%.