Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From SSC

image.jpg

New black Etihad signage across the top of the North Stand. Same looks to be across the new tier 3 as well.

Groundwork for new rows at the front the the CB stand looks to be nearly finished.
Stunning picture.

From SSC

image.jpg

New black Etihad signage across the top of the North Stand. Same looks to be across the new tier 3 as well.

Groundwork for new rows at the front the the CB stand looks to be nearly finished.

Amazing that despite one end having 3 tiers and the other just 2, the stadium doesn't look lopsided, at all. Superb work. Can't wait to see it full.

Am I the only one who thinks the stadium looks fantastic INSIDE, but looks like some kind of Meccano project outside?

In addition, am I the only one who sees the melding of the roof between the South Stand and the Colin Bell & East Stands as quite inartful?

Maybe will think differently when I see it for the Chelsea game, and think the new ground is going to look amazing when lit up for night games, but in pics it looks a bit "cobbled together." Ironic, given our historic hom, which was the very definition of that term!

Am I the only one who thinks the stadium looks fantastic INSIDE, but looks like some kind of Meccano project outside?

In addition, am I the only one who sees the melding of the roof between the South Stand and the Colin Bell & East Stands as quite inartful?

Maybe will think differently when I see it for the Chelsea game, and think the new ground is going to look amazing when lit up for night games, but in pics it looks a bit "cobbled together." Ironic, given our historic hom, which was the very definition of that term!

It's definitely just you, although you're right about the corner bits of the roof as they are semi permanent structures, designed to be quickly removed once the sides are expanded.

Perhaps it just looks better in person than it does in pics.

Judge our stadium and surrounding areas in 8 years. It is a work in progress.

Judge our stadium and surrounding areas in 8 years. It is a work in progress.

Well said... I'm not too concerned about how scruffy some parts of Eastlands is, the aniline site looks amazing these days with the CFA.

Who cares what it looks like anyway? I'm just there to watch the players on the grass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.