Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From mancity.com

As part of the ongoing construction work at the Etihad Stadium, Manchester City is temporarily relocating the players’ tunnel.

From the home match against Burnley on Monday 2 January until the end of the 2016/17 season, both City and the opposition team will use the service tunnel to access the pitch.

The service tunnel is located to the north of the current tunnel and adjacent to blocks 131 and 132 at the Etihad.

This move comes while the Colin Bell Stand undergoes some building work, in order to provide the construction team with sufficient access to the player areas.

With the aim of enhancing our facilities, this development will provide the team with the best possible match preparation and recovery.

As part of these improvements, the changing rooms forPep Guardiola’s squad, as well as the away team and match officials, become fully UEFA compliant and among the best in world football.

They will also grow in size in order to reflect the increased matchday squads.

We look forward to unveiling the new player areas next year and are proud to provide our team with first-class facilities both at the Etihad Stadium and City Football Academy.

As well as the enhancements to player areas, we are also launching a new hospitality offering in the Colin Bell Stand – The Tunnel Club – which will be one of the most innovative and immersive experiences in global sports hospitality.

From mancity.com

As part of the ongoing construction work at the Etihad Stadium, Manchester City is temporarily relocating the players’ tunnel.

From the home match against Burnley on Monday 2 January until the end of the 2016/17 season, both City and the opposition team will use the service tunnel to access the pitch.

The service tunnel is located to the north of the current tunnel and adjacent to blocks 131 and 132 at the Etihad.

This move comes while the Colin Bell Stand undergoes some building work, in order to provide the construction team with sufficient access to the player areas.

With the aim of enhancing our facilities, this development will provide the team with the best possible match preparation and recovery.

As part of these improvements, the changing rooms forPep Guardiola’s squad, as well as the away team and match officials, become fully UEFA compliant and among the best in world football.

We look forward to unveiling the new player areas next year and are proud to provide our team with first-class facilities both at the Etihad Stadium and City Football Academy.

As well as the enhancements to player areas, we are also launching a new hospitality offering in the Colin Bell Stand – The Tunnel Club – which will be one of the most innovative and immersive experiences in global sports hospitality.

The old changing rooms at City were a bit substandard - not luxurious at all. I am told City are spending £8 million on the current reconfiguration of all this.

No news on the North stand ?

Nothing new to add - Laings certainly haven't announced a contract award. A mate I know who is working on it tells me he will be on the stadium for the next 2 years - so whether that means it is following on from these works I don't know. I do know the club have recruited for the wider collar development.

as added

Capacity is now 55100, give or take a few.
When the South Stand 3rd tier was built, an additional row (Row R) of 240 seats was also added to the 2nd tier, and 140 seats added to each of the nearest blocks in the East and West Stand 3rd tier. The South Stand now has seats for 15550 fans. There are 5200 in the 1st tier, 3900 in the second tier and 6450 in the 3rd.
The North Stand currently now has approximately 9550 seats, including the corners between the East and West Stands (5550 in the 1st tier and 3650 in the second), and about 350 corporate seats right at the back.
If safe standing was added to the first tier in the North Stand, making it 8300 ish, plus 6500 additional seats in the new 3rd tier, plus 3650 the second tier (I guess we'd lose the 350 corporate seats...?), we'd have a stand holding around 18700 fans.
Assuming that 280 seats would be added to the East and West Stand end blocks, that would bring overall capacity up to something in the region of 64800, or a tad over 62000 if there was no safe standing added.
I've seen mock ups on here (can't remember how official they were) that show the East & West stands both extended for a few rows added on at the back. I think this was with a completely new roof married into the existing South stand one and the (presumably) matching North stand. There's a limit to how far up they can go due to sight-lines with the back row able to see the far touchline but none of the opposite stand seats. I seem to remember a maximum of something like 72,000 but I may be wildly out with that figure.

I've seen mock ups on here (can't remember how official they were) that show the East & West stands both extended for a few rows added on at the back. I think this was with a completely new roof married into the existing South stand one and the (presumably) matching North stand. There's a limit to how far up they can go due to sight-lines with the back row able to see the far touchline but none of the opposite stand seats. I seem to remember a maximum of something like 72,000 but I may be wildly out with that figure.

Nothing new to add - Laings certainly haven't announced a contract award. A mate I know who is working on it tells me he will be on the stadium for the next 2 years - so whether that means it is following on from these works I don't know. I do know the club have recruited for the wider collar development.

Has that been mentioned already?? Waiting for this thread to go def con 1!!

From mancity.com

I'd rather we put the officials in a leaky broom cupboard.

Has that been mentioned already?? Waiting for this thread to go def con 1!!

We all have for many years mate! A close contact of mine left a very good job last year to be part of the wider campus delivery. Will speak to them soon and try and get an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.