Etihad Campus, Stadium Development and Collar Site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Etihad Campus & potential new stadium

Agree with other posters lets keep this thread on track pics look great. Viagogo not ideal needs tweaking so that maybe up to 120% to get your face value less Viagogo cut until such time as the club or fans can facilitate their own exchange system! I know of one or two fans who conventionally sell tickets above face values, their choice, wouldnt be m mine. When i cant make it I offer to friends first nd then Viagogo at face value.

CLub wont get everything right all of the time for all of the people but just look at what we are building here it really is special and we are blessed to have the owners we do!

fbloke said:
worsleyweb said:
Just doing some quick calcs - say the mean number of rows back the east and west are expanded is 20 rows - I am guessing 13 blocks each side at 30 seats long - equals 390 x 20 x 2 - would give

15,600 on top of 60'000 - 75,600

Don't get carried away with 84000 blues!!

I wonder if we might also see smaller seats to squeeeeeze a few more thousand in?

I recall when being shown around during the construction of the Etihad that New York Yankees changed their seats in the 1990's to accommodate the every increasing size of an American arse. The previous seating had been installed in the 1970's, this time the bigger seats meant a 5000 reduction in capacity.<br /><br />-- Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:38 pm --<br /><br />
JGL07 said:
unexpected item said:
You have to have either a season card or blue membership to get tickets through an OSC branch - well, that's the case with the branch I belong to.

Since when?

You have to meet the same criteria as everyone else when applying for a ticket

Manchester_lalala said:
All the buildings are coming along nicely. Will look better once they start turfing some of the pitches.
I think seeding is the modern way, takes a quite a while longer but the use of plastic in pitches has done away with the turfing thing.

TonyM said:
Blame FFFP. Everything that is in place to fleece fans is because of FFFP. Our owners couldn't give a crap otherwise and would make things as cheap and easy for fans as possible. They care more about the higher level image and sponsorship.

I hate FIFA and Uefa.

Exactly this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

George Hannah said:
Manchester_lalala said:
All the buildings are coming along nicely. Will look better once they start turfing some of the pitches.
I think seeding is the modern way, takes a quite a while longer but the use of plastic in pitches has done away with the turfing thing.

It depends. The Desso Grassmaster that we use is sewn into the pitch. This can be done before seeding, after seeding, into established grass or into turf. The idea is that the roots grow round the sewn in fibres so yes, seeding or over seeding (chucking extra seed down) probably makes the roots stronger because with turf the roots are already established.

Fibreturf, fibresand and fibrelast are different systems where the sand/ soil underneath or root base has fibres scattered in it to strengthen the roots. The grass is laid as turf but I'm not sure if the strengthening is already in the turf or underneath. Remember Wembley cutting up when it got wet? They had Fibreturf because the grass needs to be ripped up and relaid for events like monster trucks. They got the base mix wrong and it didn't knit properly. With our Desso system you can't rip it up and lay it back down, you can only cover the pitch. They might have found a way to do it now though because Wembley has Desso. Fibreturf was used at the swamp but it's being ripped out this season and Desso Grassmaster is being installed. How stubborn can you be, the best 2 pitches for passing on in the country, the Etihad & The Emirates both use Desso? I reckon they only had it installed because Real Madrid have recently had it installed.

I would imagine that the new Campus will have pitches with all types of fibre reinforcement and some with none at all. I'm waiting to see the one built next to the canal that can be easily flooded for Chappy Hart and Kompany to practice their dives on ;-)

TonyM said:
Blame FFFP. Everything that is in place to fleece fans is because of FFFP. Our owners couldn't give a crap otherwise and would make things as cheap and easy for fans as possible. They care more about the higher level image and sponsorship.

I hate FIFA and Uefa.

well that's not true 2bh.

Recalling the Academy stadium design sketches it looked like there was no seats but standing areas at the ends, can anyone clarify this?

Carver said:
I would imagine that the new Campus will have pitches with all types of fibre reinforcement and some with none at all. I'm waiting to see the one built next to the canal that can be easily flooded for Chappy Hart and Kompany to practice their dives on ;-)

There was a lot of talk about having one pitch to replicate the conditions for every other pitch of the Premier League. Don't know if that's true, but...

S04 said:
Recalling the Academy stadium design sketches it looked like there was no seats but standing areas at the ends, can anyone clarify this?

Watching some of the videos showing flyovers of the CGI models of the campus, the answer seems to be no. The new mini-COMS has two wide banks of seats on either side and a very small standing area behind each goal. If the stadium holds 7,000 it probably only allows 500 to stand.

That's if what I can see briefly on the flyover videos is accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.