EU referendum

• In

Votes: 503 47.9%
  • Out

Votes: 547 52.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So these financial experts that were filling their boots at 22:00 last night and boosting the pound because they knew Remain would win, and who now have egg on their faces.... Are they the same financial experts who forecast gloom and doom if we left. If so I feel quite confident about our future. As they got it spectacularly wrong yesterday, what confidence should we have in their recent forecasts? They ain't done very well so far have they? ERM? Euro? 2008 Crash?
Spot on.

It's arrogant to assume we could just do a deal that no one yet has been able to do.

To trade with the European block, free movement of people has been one of their important conditions.

The leave campaign may have said things they won't be able to achieve in reality.

100% totally correct.

There can be and will be no trade agreement with the EU, because they CANNOT offer the UK terms as good (or better) than for existing EU members. And the UK, after this referendum, CANNOT accept being bound by the same terms that other EU countries are bound by. The means IMPASSE in the negotiations with the EU, an organisation that is already known to take years or decades over easy negotiations, let alone impossible ones.

We will survive for sure but the trouble with the statement I've bolded out is that it already has. 20% against the $ was the last figure I read. Oil is bought in $'s so lets see what happens over the next few days at the pumps, and since a sizable majority of goods require transportation lets see what happens to the price of those goods. The markets determine interest rates so this will without doubt effect interest rates. This isn't doom mongering, its fact, and as a consequence I am deeply concerned. Now is not the time but I really wonder how many of the vote leavers gave serious consideration to these issue's before voting out on the basis of a different "issue"

You are using the assumption that the fall is permanent. So, to be fair, it is scaremongering just a little.

BMW and Merc will sell their cars here, France will sell its wine and cheese here and we will export to them without an open borders agreement, it really is that simple.

We have had weeks of scare stories and they didn't work, the UK has spoken and its spoken to leave the EU and its laws and open borders behind.

Get used to it.

Well someone is bullish this morning.

Yes we will still trade with Europe. That's a given.

However to do so, just like Norway etc, we will have to accept concessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.