European away games ticketing policy

Hope you're right but they've only added one extra criteria for 14,000 for tomorrow so I suspect there aren't many left.
I no its not right but can't u ask someone to get u tickets ? After all the club moved the goal posts by doing away with collection in host city.

Well done City. Implement a ticketing policy and then change it because of moaners halfway through. Great idea.

Well done City. Implement a ticketing policy and then change it because of moaners halfway through. Great idea.

Firstly if you queued in the rain in Glasgow for an hour and a half you might have a moan.
Secondly Monchengladbach is a tumbleweed Town. No one stays there.
The majority of people are staying in Dusseldorf or Cologne and not planing to go into MG until a few hours before the game.
Had they decided to distribute the tickets from MG it would be grossly unfair to expect people to tramp up there to collect.

The best thing that you can do to help the situation is do make sure that you do not buy a ticket and then pass it on - and well done because it seems clear from your post that you know this.

This thread is sooo frustrating because so many posts miss the point and you have loyal blues banging on about how their loyalty should not be undermined when of course people are not suggesting that should happen.

It is crazy that they can not see that and it means that so many posts are just a waste of time with statements on how great they have been over the years when in fact very few are suggesting actions or options should be taken to cause any impact to high points holders that actually go to the games.

Those that do suggest some solution that 'hurts' the high points people are just plain daft IMO.

But what this thread does not hear from are those that absolutely do exist that have high points and buy tickets whilst having no intention of going but simply passing the ticket on - they are the ones that wilfully rob a fellow blue with decent points levels of the chance of going to a key match - just watch BMG will prove this. People should really recognise that the collection process has demonstrated beyond any doubt that this issue exists and they should focus their angst appropriately.

The ticket collection method was clearly addressing this and I just wish that you would all just stop being oh so precious and recognise this fact. No one is (or should be) - suggesting that high points - match-going fans should be impacted or inconvenienced by ballots etc. - such processes are a stupid idea.

The thread would be improved enormously, IMO, if high points posters could simply stop banging on about how good you are and recognise that there is a real issue amongst those with high points as there are clearly quite a lot that simply buy tickets with no intention of going but to pass them on. Turning your ire on those would be a real demonstration of:
  • your genuine care about the situation
  • your consideration about other dedicated fans and
  • stop you sounding like a bunch of 'look at how loyal I am' victims - when in fact people are only praising and respecting your loyalty

very good post.
i'll tell you where I sit on this.

i am what might be termed a "high pointer", i do however agree totally with the collection process. some high pointers don't but i do. it cuts the whores out stone dead. middle pointers can at last get to games. that said whores are not restricted to high pointers, fans on 10k =15k move their tickets on too.
the problem comes about when the collection process is as disorganised as it was in Glasgow, or the traipsing round Paris. if like me a fan isn't whoring and just wants to enjoy the trip why the hell should i either stand in the rain or travel 24 stops on the Paris Metro to collect my ticket. i am going the game, I've never been a hooligan and i have never been in breach of any security in any way. i should just be able to go to the game, with my ticket in hand. to do that we need 3 times the staff and 3 times the size of collection venue and close enough to the ground where we can be dealt with immediately prior to kick off. we should only have to make that journey once. if all that then gets a ticket for someone on 10k then great, i'm all for it.
lastly, not one of us a are "precious", we are no more a blue, or loyal, we just made life choices different to those who whilst we were in Lincoln and Walsall they were choosing a different way of spending their time and money. its that simple.
now whether you like it or not those people are now moaning, boo hoo its not fair. well sorry but yes it is. you go to the games, you acquire points, you use those points to now gain entry to the bigger games we now play. its not a difficult concept to grasp.
what shouldn't happen is a change of system to accommodate the people who made those choices years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.