European away games ticketing policy

Fair enough mate. You obviously know more about Liverpool than me.

However, City don’t have the same problem with demand frequently exceeding supply, so I’d guess (without wishing to belittle anyone) that the real City fanatics probably attended at least 3 of Napoli, Bayern (3rd time) Roma, Juventus. and Kiev

Anyone could have attended those games so points whoring is irrelevant.

Surely, by prioritising those fans, (and you’re probably only talking about 500-800), and perhaps adding a few more popular games, then everyone else would still have a fair chance.

don't even think its 500. in the ground the other night I looked around and all the usual faces were there. you can tell they have all bought first day of sale, its the same people week in and week out. if there was 300 there in that pen I'd be surprised, there might have 2 or 3 thousand there but I just notice that particular pen. so if you cut them apart what do you do with the rest. lets say the 15k -18k group. they too have attend numerous games, not as many but my word they have put a shift in, any ballot for their tickets is also well wrong. so it goes on until you could reach 5k, 4k, where do you stop before someone with 2k gets a ticket over a higher point member. the system we have is the fairest. the way the tickets are distributed first to the corporate section is what needs a good lucking at. they should be the ones in a ballot if anyone. its so wrong a superbia member can get more tickets than the card they carry.

Also worth pointing out, that loyalty points are not just earnt at away matches, every home cup game represented a chance to gather points, anyone remember Timisoara at home 100 points on offer, when we mustered about 23000, and what about the 2011 cup run, I remember sitting in Colin bell 3 and stewards offering tickets for us to move to the north stand to make it look fuller for tv against villa, in fact for years the cup crowds were shocking, but all offered loyalty points.

Pissed off because I bought my flight when I thought I'd be collecting there and would have got a ticket. As I'm on just over 11,000 I doubt I'll get one now. Hope the points whores who aren't going are happy.
Feel for you mate, I'm similar points and nearly booked Spikes 2 day trip for me and my lad. Literally found out they had scrapped the pick up on the day I was going to book. £600. Phew.
There has to be a way City can make sure those who purchase are the ones that travel.
Maybe the ticket can be printed with the purchasers name? I don't know but there must be a solution.

Also worth pointing out, that loyalty points are not just earnt at away matches, every home cup game represented a chance to gather points, anyone remember Timisoara at home 100 points on offer, when we mustered about 23000, and what about the 2011 cup run, I remember sitting in Colin bell 3 and stewards offering tickets for us to move to the north stand to make it look fuller for tv against villa, in fact for years the cup crowds were shocking, but all offered loyalty points.
shhh. stop quoting facts. the system is unfair don't you know.

Yeah, I remember the 100 point incentive during that FA Cup and Europa League run in 2011. I think the club did it because there were so many home games in such a short space of time as we were also on a Europa League run too so more people than usual were picking and choosing their games. Along with the league games, it seemed like we had a home game every few days. In the cups alone we had:

Leicester replay
Notts County replay
Villa
Reading
Aris
Kiev

all in the space of several weeks.

Yeah, I remember the 100 point incentive during that FA Cup and Europa League run in 2011. I think the club did it because there were so many home games in such a short space of time as we were also on a Europa League run too so more people than usual were picking and choosing their games. Along with the league games, it seemed like we had a home game every few days. In the cups alone we had:

Leicester replay
Notts County replay
Villa
Reading
Aris
Kiev

all in the space of several weeks.

These 5:

Manchester City v Dynamo Kyiv 17/03/2011 Purchase100
Reading FC 13/03/2011 Purchase 100
Aston Villa FC 02/03/2011Purchase 100
Notts County FC 20/02/2011 Purchase100
Manchester City v Aris Thessaloniki 24/02/2011 Purchase 100

Timisoara home was 50 and Foxes replay only 10 and this was before Platinum, so the 100 was massive.

The second highest games were Wolfsburg, Limerick and Oldham all 60 points pre-season 2012 but that was if Platinum.

Well I could buy a ticket for this one because I've got enough points but I can't go for personal reasons so there is an extra ticket there. :-)

I wish I had a magic wand and could get every City SUPPORTER who wants to go to the match a ticket but that is cloud cuckoo land. I genuinely feel for those of you building your points up and hope that one day we get more tickets to these grounds. I know that my one ticket won't make a heck of a lot of difference but good luck.

The best thing that you can do to help the situation is do make sure that you do not buy a ticket and then pass it on - and well done because it seems clear from your post that you know this.

This thread is sooo frustrating because so many posts miss the point and you have loyal blues banging on about how their loyalty should not be undermined when of course people are not suggesting that should happen.

It is crazy that they can not see that and it means that so many posts are just a waste of time with statements on how great they have been over the years when in fact very few are suggesting actions or options should be taken to cause any impact to high points holders that actually go to the games.

Those that do suggest some solution that 'hurts' the high points people are just plain daft IMO.

But what this thread does not hear from are those that absolutely do exist that have high points and buy tickets whilst having no intention of going but simply passing the ticket on - they are the ones that wilfully rob a fellow blue with decent points levels of the chance of going to a key match - just watch BMG will prove this. People should really recognise that the collection process has demonstrated beyond any doubt that this issue exists and they should focus their angst appropriately.

The ticket collection method was clearly addressing this and I just wish that you would all just stop being oh so precious and recognise this fact. No one is (or should be) - suggesting that high points - match-going fans should be impacted or inconvenienced by ballots etc. - such processes are a stupid idea.

The thread would be improved enormously, IMO, if high points posters could simply stop banging on about how good you are and recognise that there is a real issue amongst those with high points as there are clearly quite a lot that simply buy tickets with no intention of going but to pass them on. Turning your ire on those would be a real demonstration of:
  • your genuine care about the situation
  • your consideration about other dedicated fans and
  • stop you sounding like a bunch of 'look at how loyal I am' victims - when in fact people are only praising and respecting your loyalty

I see all the tout websites (aka ticket agencies) are selling BMG tickets. Proof, if any was needed, that the current system doesn't work and fans who should be entitled to tickets due to their points are missing out to people who are prepared to pay over the odds to touts who have bought tickets off people who have had no intention of going. It pisses me off that I can't buy one in my own right when there would have been enough available had the collection in host city been in place for this one.

I see all the tout websites (aka ticket agencies) are selling BMG tickets. Proof, if any was needed, that the current system doesn't work and fans who should be entitled to tickets due to their points are missing out to people who are prepared to pay over the odds to touts who have bought tickets off people who have had no intention of going. It pisses me off that I can't buy one in my own right when there would have been enough available had the collection in host city been in place for this one.
Still not sold out so don't give up hope just yet like has been mentioned a lot thought it would be collect on site so didn't book flights etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.