Euston closed Sun 3/12 (those travelling from Milton Keynes note cancellations)

Sunday is an horrendous day to travel on the trains. Usually the first train anywhere starts much later than a weekday, services are usually reduced and journey times increased due to ongoing engineering works, that's before any other delays. Sympathies to anyone facing this today!

The trouble with that is that there’s almost always a ticket check when you board at Euston. If they decide to be petty on the day, then my choices are missing the game or buying another ticket on the day, which is usually exorbitant - like £150 plus

If it stops en route buy the cheapest ticket to that station to get you past the Euston Nazis who are the absolute pits.

The ticket attendants at Euston are crypto-fascists, mate. They don’t miss a fucking trick!
Sadly your so right,use to do work for the rail(orange workwear).Every station i had to go through not one problem with tickets being checked.
Euston complete opposite,off peck mate wait for 2hrs plus scribbled something on my ticket,so i couldn't use it till the allotted time ****s off
the highest orders..

It seems like they may fix the overhead wires faster than expected, keep an eye on this twitter feed.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/936855497210077185

It's only 500 metres! Said it should be done by dinnertime, ie 12. Yer might get the second half! And it is Monsignor Dean so there could be fifteen mins added time in the second half. In fact, why not give, Michael a ring and see if he could kick off at 5 instead of 4!

I love how virgin take your money, know you're on the train, know you have a reserved seat on the train, but don't bother emailing you to tell you about it.
Coming home on Friday night got to Euston to find all trains delayed or cancelled.
Eventually got on a train, first class, no Dom Perignon, the bastards!

All the way home with nothing to eat or drink even though my ticket cost pays for it.

Fuck Virgin trains. Took me 6 hours to get to Euston from Manchester the other week, and I was supposed to be travelling back from Euston today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.