Everton discussion 2016/17

If they are holding out for our money, they are definitely leaving it late. Thing is, they will find it very difficult IMO obtaining good players as at the moment, they are not an attractive proposition.

Mustn't forget the squillions they get for Lukaku.
Selling Lukaku and Stones will get them 100m or more. Plus extra investment, their total net outlay could be 20m and they could finance 4 or 5 promising signings
They have their eye on Koubilay the CB to replace Stones. Bacca of A.C Milan is a player they should go for, would be ideal for this league.

They waiting for the tv money and our 50m no sugar daddy going to invest in new players all there money and efforts will go into new stadium and finding a sponsor for it, pretty wise.

Everton are not holding out for money. Could very easily spend £100m tomorrow if they wanted. The management team is trying to find value with that money and not hugely overpay for a marquee signing.

I doubt any Prem club needs money given the new TV deal has kicked in. However the market is ridiculous right now and if Everton have £100m to spend they might look around and think we are better off building a stadium then signing 2 or 3 players.

Where Everton might suffer is the likes of Stones is probably looking at what is going on at City and thinking that is what I want - a world class squad / facilities and Pep as manger. Holding him when he wants to go does not always work!

Everton are not holding out for money. Could very easily spend £100m tomorrow if they wanted. The management team is trying to find value with that money and not hugely overpay for a marquee signing.
You probably could but who would want to go to Everton when us, the rags and Chelsea are dangling the çarrot? It's a waste of time buying mediocre players for 100m that won't improve you . Getting a marquee signing for Everton will be difficult. Maybe koeman has the Moyes factor where he'll get the best out of player who isn't a superstar...welcome to the forum by the way..;)

I have seen Barkley close up when Everton played my home town team in the cup, he was a magnificent looking player, he was a lot bigger than I expected, a lot of muscle and upper body strength and skill.

I would rather we gave Everton 50m for him rather than Stones tbh.

Last edited:

Looks like you spending some of that money.

Number 1 aim will be a new ground and keep Everton in premier top 10.

Your not a top attraction though are you so you are going to have to try and unearth a gem in competition with quite a few other clubs who are equally as attractive. You said yesterday that you think you will be knocking at the CL table very soon, I trust that was very much tongue in cheek

Your not a top attraction though are you so you are going to have to try and unearth a gem in competition with quite a few other clubs who are equally as attractive. You said yesterday that you think you will be knocking at the CL table very soon, I trust that was very much tongue in cheek

You probably could but who would want to go to Everton when us, the rags and Chelsea are dangling the çarrot? It's a waste of time buying mediocre players for 100m that won't improve you . Getting a marquee signing for Everton will be difficult. Maybe koeman has the Moyes factor where he'll get the best out of player who isn't a superstar...welcome to the forum by the way..;)

That's the problem. Now you understand why it's taking time to get big signings in! It'll happen though.

The time for welcomes was over two years ago when I joined and started posting, but thanks nonetheless. :)

@mosssideblue As I keep saying but you seem to keep ignoring, Everton were at the foot of CL qualification (and actually made it once) for the best part of a decade just two years ago. Slight regression under Martinez has occurred but that is to be completely reversed under Koeman.

Looks like you spending some of that money.

Number 1 aim will be a new ground and keep Everton in premier top 10.

Number 1 aim is top four and the waterfront stadium within three years. Straight from the horse's mouth.

That's the problem. Now you understand why it's taking time to get big signings in! It'll happen though.

The time for welcomes was over two years ago when I joined and started posting, but thanks nonetheless. :)

@mosssideblue As I keep saying but you seem to keep ignoring, Everton were at the foot of CL qualification (and actually made it once) for the best part of a decade just two years ago. Slight regression under Martinez has occurred but that is to be completely reversed under Koeman.

Number 1 aim is top four and the waterfront stadium within three years. Straight from the horse's mouth.

I'm not ignoring it. With the quality and money that now exists in the PL, I do not see you anywhere the near the CL for the foreseeable. Koeman is a good manager, but even he will have his work cut out meeting that target

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.