Everton discussion 2016/17

Number 1 aim is top four and the waterfront stadium within three years. Straight from the horse's mouth.

I don’t want to piss on your fire – I quite like Everton – however we have heard that sort of thing before. I think Blackburn quite recently said they were aiming for top 4!

The problem you have is that the top 7 or 8 were all very competitive last year, all doing each other over and looking like contenders at times. You can maybe take Leicester out but Chelsea will be back in it I’m sure, Southampton get pillaged every summer but they keep bouncing back. Your friendly neighbours have the Klop factor which might kick them on this year! Most of these clubs have much better facilities in place than you and those in and around London always seem to have an edge in attracting players. So it’s all tough at the top and having money and ambition only gets you so far. Getting the stadium sorted would at least provide some certainty as Goodison is holding you back right now. It will be interesting.

How do Everton purpose to get themselves around the PLFFP ( which they voted for ) regarding increasing their wage budget. There not exactly paying big wages now, How do they expect any up and coming star to go there.

Before they can do all that they need to get there off field side sorted i.e new stadium better commercial deals. The bigger deals coming after success.

We were lucky in the sense we only had to finish above 1 of the old sky 4 to get CL football where as the league now is a lot more competitive.

If done properly and within time Everton can definitely be back up near the top and competing. But could and will take years.

Everton are not holding out for money. Could very easily spend £100m tomorrow if they wanted. The management team is trying to find value with that money and not hugely overpay for a marquee signing.
I'm presuming you and the rest of the traditional, 'pricipled' support will not be attending Goodison anymore? Given the moral outrage you lot gave us over Lescott and 'financial doping' I expect you'll be regulars down at Tranmere? (Lifted from the Stones thread, as requested).

Top 4 is a hell of a tall order for Everton in their current state.
Arsenal, City, United, Chelsea, Spurs, Liverpool, West Ham, Stoke, Southampton - That's 9 teams who are pretty decent on a good day, and some of them very decent on most days.
That's not to say Everton can't make top 4, but it'll be tough.
It shouldn't be all down to money either, but in reality Everton are going to have to spend on some serious quality. Koeman might prove to be as good as many suspect, but he's not a miracle worker.

A new stadium could be the genuine turning of the tide for them, but I fear it won't happen within 3 years.

So what do we think of signing Kone, Bony, Williams and Bolasie?

A tad overpriced, surprsing there's no players signed outwith the Premiership.

Williams is a good buy for them, good replacement for Stones although for me they still need another centre back as the other choices aren't the best.

Bony would be decent for them as the main man as he proved at Swansea, he just doesn't suit our style of play. Of course that's him being the main man should Lukaku vacate otherwise he'll end up just going there to sit on another teams bench (from our point of view, wouldn't be a bad thing at all!)

Bolasie is an insane price at 30 mil, he's a good player but it just shows the way the market is going, 30 mil is insane money! What's worse is that Palace are spending all of that for Benteke! Had shit seasons at Liverpool and is going to go for the same cost they paid for him, yet we're taking a big hit on Bony despite them probably not doing to different from each other.

Lescott made a bigger step up when he joined us compared to Bolasie joining them from Palace. I hope the Woodison faithful are outraged.

Lets see if Bolasie wins two league titles :)

That's the problem. Now you understand why it's taking time to get big signings in! It'll happen though.

The time for welcomes was over two years ago when I joined and started posting, but thanks nonetheless. :)

@mosssideblue As I keep saying but you seem to keep ignoring, Everton were at the foot of CL qualification (and actually made it once) for the best part of a decade just two years ago. Slight regression under Martinez has occurred but that is to be completely reversed under Koeman.

Number 1 aim is top four and the waterfront stadium within three years. Straight from the horse's mouth.

I quite like Everton mate but you are deluding yourself if you cant see you will have to throw big big money at it to even get in the top four, you may have been knocking on the door three seasons ago but you scraped in once.

Us , Rags, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs & Liverpool at this moment in time are way in front mate and that's the reality.

You could do worse than signing players like Nasri,Alex, Walcott for example-players on the fringes of other top teams first teams-and of course there are players on the continent of high quality.

You will have to get used to throwing big wages at it for a few seasons like we did to establish yourselves-like it or not mate City are major player now with a fantastic set up and infrastructure and a top 8 turnover in World football-can Everton do it? Absolutely.

You have to support Koeman in the transfer market mate.

There's a good player in Bony somewhere just not suited to us or a supporting role. With regular football will come a good striker.

The new stadium is a must and will be a huge catalyst for Everton.

If you set up defensively Bony will score 20 goals in a season! So 25m for Bony would be a steall for Everton.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.