FA Cup attendances

Is football losing its appeal to the masses, we've reached saturation point in tv, ticket prices for the average man are extortionate, the bigger clubs City included seem to think 10k day trippers will bring more to the coffers than long term season ticket holders. I'm surprised it took so long tbh the recession is nearly 10 years old now I'm not poor and I'd rather spend my on other things if I can catch the football on a stream.

People have realised that some cup teams do not deliver value for money. I would be well pissed off it I were a Bournemouth fan, coughed up for a ticket and transport and be met with eleven changes. Clubs should come clean and state the likelihood of playing the reserves in these games!

It is mainly being due to more season ticket holders these days, when most people paid ion the gate we got more in the FA Cup.

Even in Div 1 when we played one of the top 3 teams in the country at the time in Leeds our crowd was below our normal div 1 gate. It was different v Boro in '97 yet there were far less season ticket holders then.

You were away for the Charlton game? Call yourself a proper fan? And if you think the crowd actually was 47,000, I've got some really good magic beans for sale.....
If you think there were 74,000 I will buy those beans you are proffering. Actually I had to work abroad that weekend, so my proper fan status has obviously gone up in smoke....⚡

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.