FA CUP Ticket information

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I can't believe they can charge you upwards of £55 and £35 more per ticket respectively for CAT 1 and CAT2 tickets between a semi and a final. Is that to help pay for the 20-30k corparate ones they give away?"

The FA can charge what they want for the final because they know that the fans of the teams that reach the final want to be there.

"Is that to help pay for the 20-30k corparate ones they give away?" This is an urban myth - someone somewhere pays for each ticket.

flb said:
Wigan are having the FA Cup in there souvenir shop this Thursday so people can have there photo taken with it-sounds like a desperate measure to drum up ticket sales to me.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/news/article/13-04-30-fa-cup-comes-to-town-799800.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/news/artic ... 99800.aspx</a>

I once bought one ticket for Wigan v City at the DW stadium as I couldn't get an away ticket so I am on their system as a member. I just went on their website and lo and behold I can order a ticket for the final if I want! They only have the £115 tickets left so probably not that many to sell before they are sold out.

TGR said:
flb said:
Wigan are having the FA Cup in there souvenir shop this Thursday so people can have there photo taken with it-sounds like a desperate measure to drum up ticket sales to me.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/news/article/13-04-30-fa-cup-comes-to-town-799800.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/news/artic ... 99800.aspx</a>

I once bought one ticket for Wigan v City at the DW stadium as I couldn't get an away ticket so I am on their system as a member. I just went on their website and lo and behold I can order a ticket for the final if I want! They only have the £115 tickets left so probably not that many to sell before they are sold out.

I'll buy it off you!

flb said:
Eastlander21 said:
de niro said:
not in my opinion. can't see this going past friday tbh.

That's the point I'm making above. ( on a previous post )

If memory serves me well, we had a similar initial allocation of 26k tickets for the Stoke final and I'm sure another 1500 or so were released at a later point.

We got as far down as circa 4500 loyalty points before the official allocation was sold out then. Therefore I would logically guess that now having 32k tickets, people with 2-3k loyalty points & NOT on the scheme, would have a great chance of a ticket? yet the MOD says he doesn't see it getting that far so how do you qualify it?

We have 36k season ticket holders, 32k tickets available so that leads me to think that of the 17k fans on the FAC scheme, a significant number of those must only have upwards of 2k loyalty points, if we don't make it as low as fans with 4k loyalty points, who aren't on the scheme?

I think as a season ticket holder, you have a good argument to find out just how loyal your respective loyalty point total and participation, or none participation in the various cup schemes actually makes you. You can then decide the following year to re-think your level of commitment and safeguard potential final tickets.

Sounds like your in the same boat as me fella, ive 2700 and so has my lad-yes we do have 36000 season ticket holders but theres no way all 36000 will be buying for the final.A good proportion of season ticket holders will already have bought on the cup scheme anyway as you have to have a season ticket to go on the cup scheme.

If 90% of season ticket holders are buying tickets thats over 32000-there must be a good 10-20% of season ticket holders with less than 3000 loyalty points.

Im talking a good story-i just bloody hope its goes down to less than 3000 points!! Ive already booked 2 nights accomodation so fingers crossed!

Sorry Pal, not quite. I'm just waiting for mine to drop through the door.

I'm just making the point that a lot of people are panicing ( if that's the right word ) but if you are a season ticket holder with 3k loyalty points and are not on the FAC scheme, then to my logic you are very unlucky if you aren't in the top 32k of 36k, but the club should give you an idea of where you are at the start of the season, thus your expectation of getting a ticket is managed better than hearsay and if's and maybe's. I think you will be borderline on 2.7 personally - like you say not all the season ticket holders will go, so they may filter down lower.

TGR said:
flb said:

I'd hazard a guess as to that's why they had 5-6k more than their average attendance v Spurs - a few rogue City fans?

happychappy said:
de niro said:
i can't help thinking more will follow.
If there selling from block 501 (1 block into there half), all the way round to block 115 ( corner post ) there's got to be more to follow

Top tier, loads of blocks in their section not even showing as for sale on their site, if we get those no way will we sell them all

the goats backside said:
happychappy said:
de niro said:
i can't help thinking more will follow.
If there selling from block 501 (1 block into there half), all the way round to block 115 ( corner post ) there's got to be more to follow

Top tier, loads of blocks in their section not even showing as for sale on their site, if we get those no way will we sell them all

is it maybe cos those blocks are sold out?

Eastlander21 said:
flb said:
Eastlander21 said:
That's the point I'm making above. ( on a previous post )

If memory serves me well, we had a similar initial allocation of 26k tickets for the Stoke final and I'm sure another 1500 or so were released at a later point.

We got as far down as circa 4500 loyalty points before the official allocation was sold out then. Therefore I would logically guess that now having 32k tickets, people with 2-3k loyalty points & NOT on the scheme, would have a great chance of a ticket? yet the MOD says he doesn't see it getting that far so how do you qualify it?

We have 36k season ticket holders, 32k tickets available so that leads me to think that of the 17k fans on the FAC scheme, a significant number of those must only have upwards of 2k loyalty points, if we don't make it as low as fans with 4k loyalty points, who aren't on the scheme?

I think as a season ticket holder, you have a good argument to find out just how loyal your respective loyalty point total and participation, or none participation in the various cup schemes actually makes you. You can then decide the following year to re-think your level of commitment and safeguard potential final tickets.

Sounds like your in the same boat as me fella, ive 2700 and so has my lad-yes we do have 36000 season ticket holders but theres no way all 36000 will be buying for the final.A good proportion of season ticket holders will already have bought on the cup scheme anyway as you have to have a season ticket to go on the cup scheme.

If 90% of season ticket holders are buying tickets thats over 32000-there must be a good 10-20% of season ticket holders with less than 3000 loyalty points.

Im talking a good story-i just bloody hope its goes down to less than 3000 points!! Ive already booked 2 nights accomodation so fingers crossed!

Sorry Pal, not quite. I'm just waiting for mine to drop through the door.

I'm just making the point that a lot of people are panicing ( if that's the right word ) but if you are a season ticket holder with 3k loyalty points and are not on the FAC scheme, then to my logic you are very unlucky if you aren't in the top 32k of 36k, but the club should give you an idea of where you are at the start of the season, thus your expectation of getting a ticket is managed better than hearsay and if's and maybe's. I think you will be borderline on 2.7 personally - like you say not all the season ticket holders will go, so they may filter down lower.

Don't forget a fair few will go to places other than season ticket holders ie sponsors, players/staff etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.