FA Youth Cup 2014/15 Thread

stony said:
You don't jump up with your arms raised in the box. It was harsh, but it was idiotic defending and a pen for me.
At this age you just jump, I doubt you are thinking where your arms are, fact is it was ball to hand, and shouldn't be a penalty imho. Like I said we won't get it on Sunday in the same circumstances, so I think at this age group there needs to be some common sense. This referee is championship level, you'd think he'd have a better idea how to referee a youth game. He did well in some respects, but he was inconsistent with his cards, and missed the worst of the night.

Anyway I don't want to dwell on a referee, after such a good two legged result to take us to a final, well done to JW and his lads.

I don't sadly expect anything else in commentary on any City team these days, though I thought Dean Ashton and Emile Heskey were pretty good, but not the ITV c*nt.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
deano ou812 said:
Wtf is that commentator on about deserved to go through overall,but didn't really deserve to win tonight,what a twat,well done to youth team should be a good final against Chelsea...

that was annoying the hell out of me. you could hear the excitement in his voice every time the other team went forward

I was thinking exactly the same.

I watched the first half without sound on my office desktop. City seemed to play with energy and tempo, and should have been ahead, although Leicester had a couple of decent chances at the other end.

I then drove home and watched the second half from about the 60th minute.

Admittedly, City had lost their shape, but it wasn’t as though Leicester were creating chance after chance. If anything, the Leicester penalty seemed to lift City from their slumber.

I then heard the commentator name Barker, and about three Leicester players as the star men.

G-Star Medium Rare said:
Would it make a difference if we played Barker instead of Navas against the Rags on Sunday ?
apart from they play on different sides ? He won't be starting, or on the bench, remember these are U18's, and they are playing against U18's, good as he looks he isn't ready for that step up, and certainly not into a Manchester derby.

Kean Bryan ‏@keanB07 ·
FA YOUTH CUP FINAL! .. Wanted this so much !! Buzzing is a understatement ..

Well done boys. Great result and well deserved over the two legs.
My star was Angelino who I think should be introduced into the first team next season. Just a great talent for his age.
Maffeo also looks outstanding so we are definitely sorted for wing backs over the next few years.

Compared to our usual high standards it was an OK performance but going in with a 3-0 lead was always going to be an experience for these young lads.

I will be astonished if Barker and Angelino are playing youth team football next season, both have got to a level now that will only be furthered by playing senior football.

sam-caddick said:
Compared to our usual high standards it was an OK performance but going in with a 3-0 lead was always going to be an experience for these young lads.

I will be astonished if Barker and Angelino are playing youth team football next season, both have got to a level now that will only be furthered by playing senior football.

And missing three fantastic talents in Boadu,Ambrose and Tosin.

FantasyIreland said:
sam-caddick said:

And missing three fantastic talents in Boadu,Ambrose and Tosin.

Yep, agreed mate.

I thought we missed those three tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.