Fabian Delph

Status
Not open for further replies.
True,but as I say his recent international games have been second to none
The last England game Wilshere was comfortably their best player, same against Ireland when Delph didn't even play, and I don't think he was anywhere near special against Italy from what I remember or Lithuania.

No fucking way does Fernandinho leave, surely. I'm no Fernando hater and I'm warm to the Delph signing but selling Dinho would be suicide.

If we sell Dinho then that person deserves to be sacked. He has been our most consistent midfielder for the last 2 seasons.

Agree 100% ... but something is rotten in the camp .... Toure plays and starts regardless of how much of d*ckhead he is or how indifferent his form is or how lacklustre his performances are .. Dinho is left on the bench sometimes despite him being our most energetic, tenacious midfielder which I thought Pellegrini's philosophy was all about (pressing, high energy etc) and personally I think Dinho is a great box to box player but has been shackled by having to play with Toure who can barely muster much more than a walking pace to get back when we lose possession ...

Something's rotten my friends and if indications are right and prima donnas like Nasri and Toure stay I have no idea what happened to this culture that we were trying to build .....

I wasn't sold on him, but after thinking more about it, I think Delph could be a very good signing. He gives us the one thing we always thought we'd get, but never actually got with Milner - energy in the middle of the park. Milner was rarely trusted in the middle, I'm not sure why, but he was nearly always used out wide. In games against bigger european possession based teams, we've been crying out for another all-action Fernandinho type player, with bundles of energy - which many thought Fernando would provide before we realised his legs don't allow him to enter a full sprint.

He won't be an instant starter, but if Fernando was somehow allowed to start some games this season, I'd say Delph is capable of showing the quality and determination to start double the amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.