Facebook listening in

Salford_Blue

My missus is a bit of a drama queen at times and I just laughed it off a few weeks ago, when she said that something she was talking about, had shortly after, popped up on her timeline on Facebook.

However, we were watching 'Bad Moms' (okay don't judge), the other night and about 10 minutes after it finished, an advert about a new show or movie starring Mila Kunis (who is the main actor in Bad Moms) popped up.

Seemed a little too coincidental considering she hadn't touched her phone whilst we were watching the movie.

I know Facebook have denied listening in, but was just wondering if anyone else had had a similar experience?

My missus is a bit of a drama queen at times and I just laughed it off a few weeks ago, when she said that something she was talking about, had shortly after, popped up on her timeline on Facebook.

However, we were watching 'Bad Moms' (okay don't judge), the other night and about 10 minutes after it finished, an advert about a new show or movie starring Mila Kunis (who is the main actor in Bad Moms) popped up.

Seemed a little too coincidental considering she hadn't touched her phone whilst we were watching the movie.

I know Facebook have denied listening in, but was just wondering if anyone else had had a similar experience?

It is true happened to me and the Mrs a few times.

google, amazon and fb all listen in as do many other apps, I mean why do most ask permission to your mic, camera, phone records and contacts.

Nosey bastards

FB app acted up when I turned off permisssions for mic and camera

Play it then. Call each other and see if you can make something happen.

Edit, sorry thought it was related to VOIP. Just shout ‘Rodney’ a lot in the front room, watch some Only fools and horses - and see what happens.

Without wishing to be too tinfoil, by the time you have your smartphone, laptop, tv, and one of those annoying things from Amazon or Google that talks to you, you can kiss goodbye to privacy. We're probably onto our second generation now that associates big brother with davina mcCall rather than George Orwell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.