FC United Thread

What about all the grants you've been given, are you going to pay them back?
No, you don't pay grants back, that's why they are called grants and not loans.
That's assuming you pay it off before going bust!
But it's more than the loan that you've received tax payers funding for.... and you know that.
Haha yes quite but in the scenario where we go bust before paying it off then the council get a £6.5 million stadium so tax payers do alright in that scenario ;)
And yes it is the club received a £550k grant from the council as part of the initial ground funding, and for that a £6.5 million ground was built that hosts countless community initiatives so not a bad investment for them. I don't know why this is brought up so frequently especially on here. The now renamed City of Manchester Stadium cost tax payers a fair bit more than £550k when that was built.

No, you don't pay grants back, that's why they are called grants and not loans.

Haha yes quite but in the scenario where we go bust before paying it off then the council get a £6.5 million stadium so tax payers do alright in that scenario ;)
And yes it is the club received a £550k grant from the council as part of the initial ground funding, and for that a £6.5 million ground was built that hosts countless community initiatives so not a bad investment for them. I don't know why this is brought up so frequently especially on here. The now renamed City of Manchester Stadium cost tax payers a fair bit more than £550k when that was built.
What do you think the council can do with a 6.5m white elephant, er, I mean football stadium that would do council tax payers alright?

As for City. Most of the money was lottery funded. The council did indeed stump up money - was it 40m or 50m?
City have been paying back initially 2m a year and I think that is now 3-4m a season as well as a cut in the naming rights funding. With over a 100 year lease, now that is a fantastic deal for council tax payers. Contrast that to Moston where the Rag Socks pay 1 quid a year rent for 125 years....

What do you think the council can do with a 6.5m white elephant, er, I mean football stadium that would do council tax payers alright?

As for City. Most of the money was lottery funded. The council did indeed stump up money - was it 40m or 50m?
City have been paying back initially 2m a year and I think that is now 3-4m a season as well as a cut in the naming rights funding. With over a 100 year lease, now that is a fantastic deal for council tax payers. Contrast that to Moston where the Rag Socks pay 1 quid a year rent for 125 years....

I think if the club bought the ground, all the money goes to Sport England and the Lottery, and not the council.
If City rent the ground, the Council get their 3-4+M a year, depending on ticket sales.

I think if the club bought the ground, all the money goes to Sport England and the Lottery, and not the council.
If City rent the ground, the Council get their 3-4+M a year, depending on ticket sales.
Yep, the whole point of not buying the ground was to avoid fucking the taxpayer over alá Soccer Club United of Manchester.

Turns out the guy who posted that got his dates mixed up there was no double booking. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good bit of FCUM bashing though.

We don't have a 225 page thread about you on our forum though ;) I'm sure singing at a football match baffles you but don't understand your lack of understanding, do you sing United songs at your away games?

We do.

However, we don’t sing about SCUM, funnily enough.

That was the original plan in 2003. The club lease the ground rather than rent it (not sure what the difference is, someone will explain!) but after the naming rights was announced, I think the council now get a set figure each season / or game regardless of attendances. I presume wrongly or rightly they get a cut of the concerts too????

That was the original plan in 2003. The club lease the ground rather than rent it (not sure what the difference is, someone will explain!) but after the naming rights was announced, I think the council now get a set figure each season / or game regardless of attendances. I presume wrongly or rightly they get a cut of the concerts too????
Rent is month to month, lease is 3 months and over. What we have is a finance/operating lease which covers the expected useful life of the asset.

Ive met a fair few fscum fans and every single one of them are still ‘massive’ rag fans, deluded ****s every single one of them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.