Fernandinho - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still an excellent player and can cover at full backs in emergencies but we can't get away with it for a whole season.

Nope despite their faults either Clichy or Kolarov are still better bets although none can last the whole season to be fair.

There's no way you can say Clichy should go in ahead of Fernandinho. He's been utterly abysmal and at fault for a ton of goals. I'd rather we put a player with a motor and some attitude in there over one who just doesn't have it any more. I think Aleks is CB for the rest of the season too if fit.

There's no way you can say Clichy should go in ahead of Fernandinho. He's been utterly abysmal and at fault for a ton of goals. I'd rather we put a player with a motor and some attitude in there over one who just doesn't have it any more. I think Aleks is CB for the rest of the season too if fit.

Currently no but on form Clichy still gets the nod and I do rate Ferny very highly. He does have some the attributes but he doesn't seem a natural full back.

Currently no but on form Clichy still gets the nod and I do rate Ferny very highly. He does have some the attributes but he doesn't seem a natural full back.

i think that's just a familiarity thing. Give him a run of games and he'd be fine. Clichy unfortunately hasn't had what you could call a good game in 2 years.

He had some iffy moments but he actually defended a cross similar to the one Sagna went missing on for their goal. And he has passing angles our fullbacks don't.

If Pep wants to turn him into a fullback, he'll piss all over he ones we've got once he gets used to it, as he's better at absolutely everything, than they are.

Not enough for Ferny to play as a regular Left-Back for me. Kolarov (but has adapted well in his new left sided centre back role) and Clichy at times have been just as rash as Fernandinho when playing for us in their natural positions but still looked more at home when on blob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.