Ferran Soriano & Txiki Begiristain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Txiki is pronounced Cheeky.

Begiristain sounds like a central Asian country.

Not sure if that contributes much to this thread.

Caveman said:
BlueDejong said:
grim up north said:
I think they are spanish

Correct.
Incorrect with both.

Ferran is Catalan and Txiki is Basque. Ask either if they were Spanish and they'd both say "no!".

Actually that is also incorrect.
Txiki would say 'ez', because that is Basque for 'no'.
I only know that because Mrs Fetlocks used to be a member of ETA.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Caveman said:
BlueDejong said:
Incorrect with both.

Ferran is Catalan and Txiki is Basque. Ask either if they were Spanish and they'd both say "no!".

Used to be?

raininspain said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Caveman said:
Incorrect with both.

Used to be?

She jacked it in after they renounced violence.
Now I get the violence instead.
I was joking, just in case anyone feels the urge to phone the plods.
Who probably wouldn't know who the fuck ETA are anyway.

Re: Ferran Soriano & Txiki Begiristain

B\connellblue said:
I'm still not convinced by these guys. The don't seem to be able to move any of the deadwood on, some of which they brought to the club to begin with. And where the fuck did former Blackburn chairman John Williams disappear to?

I'm interested, who do you think Ferran and Txiki brought to the club?

BibbyBlue85 said:
B\connellblue said:
I'm still not convinced by these guys. The don't seem to be able to move any of the deadwood on, some of which they brought to the club to begin with. And where the fuck did former Blackburn chairman John Williams disappear to?

I'll 2nd this.

BibbyBlue85 said:
B\connellblue said:

Garcia for starters. I imagine they've had an input in all transfers since they arrived. I was expecting a wealth of future superstars signing for us! Not players heading towards the twilight of their careers.

B\connellblue said:

They only just cleared £50m/year off our wage bill. What are you expecting? Several of our players who need moving on simply can't be anyway. It's the same issue as trying to get rid of Crocky, Bridge etc. Simply put, they're all on high wages that only the clubs who don't want them can afford. The only way to move these players on is either to agree to pay 90% of their wages for another several years after getting rid of them, or let them sit in our squad doing not very much. You can't blame them for not doing things which are literally impossible. It's for this very reason that the players we are now signing are being signed on low wages with high performance-related clauses, but the simple fact is we need to sit back and wait a few years for our current players on the high salaries to be filtered out of the system.

Re: Ferran Soriano & Txiki Begiristain

B\connellblue said:
BibbyBlue85 said:
B\connellblue said:

Garcia for starters. I imagine they've had an input in all transfers since they arrived. I was expecting a wealth of future superstars signing for us! Not players heading towards the twilight of their careers.

None of last summers signings were made by Ferran and Txiki. They were Mancini's signings. They both started after last summers window had shut. Have you completely ignored the work they have done off the pitch with new sponsorship, infrastructure and reducing the wage bill. Future superstars aren't what's needed as a priority, we need a squad that competes here and now and this summer has got us that. They've done unbelievable work all around the club. We are now a well oiled machine which wreaks of professionalism and quiet confidence which Ferran and Soriano have played a huge part in. The future superstars will come, the new training facility will see to that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.