Feyenoord (h) pre-match thread

Feyenoord (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not on paper, perhaps, but the rhythm is interrupted and we've seen already how when we've made lots of changes, we've struggled to retain possession as well - passes going astray with players not on the same wavelength - and we've struggled to create as many chances for the same reason.

I expect Pep will make lots of changes for tomorrow nights game, and I expect we will struggle and have to bring the big guns on later in the game. We'll see.

Yeah, I know what you mean, but you're probably mostly referring to the Wolves game, however a lot of that starting team hadn't played at all for us this season up to that point, since then, Mangala got game time on Sat plus Danilo, Bernardo, Gundogan have had plenty of game time with their internationals so I think they should be prepared. But I would at least keep Ederson in the starting XI for some continuity between him and Otamendi (assuming he starts?)

Need another win to be all but certain of finishing top of the pile, providing that Shaktar also win in Napoli. We need 4pts from the next 2 games and we will finish top of the group.
If pep is going to play some of the younger players, pep should start with a full strength team. Once we're 3/4 goals up then bring them on for the last 20mins or so

tbf if we finish top we can play madrid, juve and other big teams i think I've read. i really dont agree with your last point - we have to be 4-0 up to bring on young players. why can't we just play one or two of them and give them a chance, having to be 4-0 up every time, they arent gonna play much at all. have a bit of faith in them, playing say foden isn't going to make us weaker.

Not on paper, perhaps, but the rhythm is interrupted and we've seen already how when we've made lots of changes, we've struggled to retain possession as well - passes going astray with players not on the same wavelength - and we've struggled to create as many chances for the same reason.

I expect Pep will make lots of changes for tomorrow nights game, and I expect we will struggle and have to bring the big guns on later in the game. We'll see.

tbf thats the whole point in having a big squad. it would be daft imo to just play the first team again, every game pretty much. players like bernardo, foden, gundogan need game time. dont think they will make us weaker either.

tbf if we finish top we can play madrid, juve and other big teams i think I've read. i really dont agree with your last point - we have to be 4-0 up to bring on young players. why can't we just play one or two of them and give them a chance, having to be 4-0 up every time, they arent gonna play much at all. have a bit of faith in them, playing say foden isn't going to make us weaker.
I think we're all agreed the squad needs a bit of rotation, aren't we? We're just debating how much. Personally, I think B. Silva, Danilo and Gundogan starting and at least one of D. Silva and KDB being benched, is absolutely nailed on. The question is whether we go much further, and rest both Silva and KDB, and also Ferrnandino for Yaya and other changes?

I think we're all agreed the squad needs a bit of rotation, aren't we? We're just debating how much. Personally, I think B. Silva, Danilo and Gundogan starting and at least one of D. Silva and KDB being benched, is absolutely nailed on. The question is whether we go much further, and rest both Silva and KDB, and also Ferrnandino for Yaya and other changes?

yea i suppose. i agree with your rotation choices. i think feyenoord arent that good and being through already i wouldnt be against de bruyne or silva being rested. games like this are the perfect chance for someone like foden to play.

Ederson, Danilo, Kompany, Mangala, Delph, Touré, Gundogan, Foden, Sané, Aguero, Bernardo Silva - for instance this team is more then good enough to win

It's a CL game,anything can happen,take dave or kev out and we drop creativity straight away,one needs to play at least
Agree completely Karen. Drop both of them and we end up having to bring them on later anyway in order to try to rescue things, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.