Football Tourists

Walking in to the ground outside n1 saw a group of about 20 kids half of them wearing Liverpool shirts and 1 wearing a rag shirt could not believe what I was seeing did city or who every organised there trip tell them who they were going to watch ? Not one wearing a blue shirt

This is what happens when clubs market "match day experiences". The rags have done it for years. At one of the recent derbies we won at the swamp, there was a group of about 70 Japanese tourists posing for photo outside, complete with packed lunches and souvenir bags.

What does amaze me is seeing tourists at away games who have clearly got tickets from our allocation. How does that happen when we always sell it out and a lot of blues who want tickets can't get them?

Walking in to the ground outside n1 saw a group of about 20 kids half of them wearing Liverpool shirts and 1 wearing a rag shirt could not believe what I was seeing did city or who every organised there trip tell them who they were going to watch ? Not one wearing a blue shirt

I think i saw the same kids at the City Family Day event today.....liverpool kit, scum kit in full sight. I nearly spat my water out when i clocked it down near the face painting section

2 kids in city shirts near the Joe Mercer mosaic today

One of their mates in neutral gear sees them and runs over....whispers what the fuck are you doing with City kits on? You're reds.

This is what happens when clubs market "match day experiences". The rags have done it for years. At one of the recent derbies we won at the swamp, there was a group of about 70 Japanese tourists posing for photo outside, complete with packed lunches and souvenir bags.

What does amaze me is seeing tourists at away games who have clearly got tickets from our allocation. How does that happen when we always sell it out and a lot of blues who want tickets can't get them?
If you're willing to spend top dollar, you can get a package in any end, in any ground you want.

Saw a Chinese chap on the tele today, good seats, had his new City top on today. Could he have been a local, maybe. Except, the when time he was on camera he was looking into his phone and filming all the action.

I lived in Melbourne in the 1990s and went to quite a few AFL games. It was not uncommon to see fans of other teams at games - they are just obsessed with the sport and want to see "live" games irrespective of whose playing. But I would never go to an EPL game if City were not one of the teams at that match.

This is probably my last as a season ticket holder, spend £2000 on season tickets a year.
Been a season ticket holder since seventies.
Really not been enjoying the match day experience for the last two seasons.
All the different kickoff times,getting searched, parking miles away, will only get worse next year.
Not getting out unless you leave 0n 85 mins. Not getting a beer unless you get up on 32 mins.
The away ticket allocation, the new tourist fan.
Europe passport ticket pickup.
Perhaps I'm getting old, changing into Victor Meldrew.
I think only Messi will stop me!
And on a last point a young lad at work told me he had 15,000 points on his season ticket.How? He was not even going a few years ago!
Oh, i think season ticket holders should not be searched.
The young lad who wanded me yesterday said what is in the pocket, i said, a lighter and my keys. He did not even look!
Rant over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.