Football Tourists

I'm simply talking about the group I witnessed, who we got removed, that was 20-30 all in a block together.

Have to wonder what the police make of it all, real potential to kick off last night (even more so than it did)...

Its something the FSF should get very involved in and that all away regulars from all clubs get their heads together and let the league and the clubs know its not on.

I dont go away anymore but was a regular for over 20 years and i know what loyalty means and what being an away regular is and the effort, time and money spent so i feel for all those putting up with this shit right now.

i think thats a good idea. get the fsf involved and all the different fans groups involved. the club are clearly selling on tickets to tourists.

As someone said already we shouldn't be giving the Tourists too much stick, they are paying a bloody high price while they are over in the UK, imagine paying a bomb for the experience of a Barca game in Spain only to have it ruined by a holier than thou local who wants rid of you because "There's nothing for you here! This is for local people!".

I'm not sure what England has to attract tourists these days other than London so I don't blame them for making the most of it with their half and half scarves or even choosing the holiday on the basis of watching a PL game of their favourite club. With that said what does Manchester offer in terms of tourism to make it a must see if you visit England? The collar site might end up as a way to encourage tourism to Manchester in the end, more money for the club and Manchester in general is a good thing but if we want to become like Barca and the likes we will have to take the rough with the smooth, the biggest clubs already have tourists in droves driving up prices, taking seats that could go to the local die hards at the big games.

Making an attempt to make sure the club maintains it's identity and core support is good but other than that it's never going to be 100% perfect, even the core support disagree on a lot of things as we can see here on bluemoon.

Last edited:
It wasn't 20-30. It was 200-300 last night.

Went to both arsenal and Chelsea and both times was sat next to a huge group of people that looked like they'd never even seen a football match before, never mind city. It's so irritating when I know my mate couldn't get tickets for arsenal as it sold out on 12,500 points.
Also the atmosphere is shocking as not a single one of them ever takes their camera away from their face to actually watch the game. None of them are interested in singing and because there is so many of them its almost impossible to get a song going.

Hi guys,
I'm not a local, I come from Belgium to watch my team MCFC play once or twice a year. PL or CL. I watch and sing! I hope I can find ticket for the semi-final in Wembley.
I'm a citizens and can only attend lower profile match because obviously I don't have enough point in my account. this week-end I'm coming to watch the game against Hull. I'm already happy with that!
I always buy my tickets from our website.
I don't understand how some tourists get tickets for the big games. I've never been able to do so. sponsors?
I think it's a good path for the club to have foreigners coming to the Etihad, but as you said, I also don't like tourists always shooting with their camera or that don't know the names of the players , the song. it kills the atmosphere. and we know how important it is for our players.
cheers guys.
just a belgian guy.
ps: also attend matches in my local club (Charleroi) and with only 7-8000 supporters, sometimes the atmosphere for the big games is louder than in Etihad. (smaller stadium too).
But I really believe we could make a louder noise in the Etihad with the help of all the supporters.

Sounds like it was at least as bad last night, if not worse, than Arsenal on Sunday in terms of numbers of tourists/randomers in our end. One thing I would say is that while I didn't go last night, I was at the Arsenal game and the atmosphere from the City end sounded miles better last night than what I witnessed on Sunday.

the more the better bring them on

manchester city and i say this with a hand on my heart we will only get bigger and bigger i want my club to live on and on and well after they give me my last rites i don't what to going to visit york away again from my bed in heaven

I think you need to clarify that statement. It's one thing welcoming tourists/neutrals to our home games (it's a fact of life at any of the big clubs across Europe that they will attract them, and even some of the much smaller clubs get them turning up although not in the same numbers), but I hope you're not advocating people with little to no loyalty points jumping the queue and depriving blues with thousands of loyalty points tickets for sold out away games.

As someone said already we shouldn't be giving the Tourists too much stick, they are paying a bloody high price while they are over in the UK, imagine paying a bomb for the experience of a Barca game in Spain only to have it ruined by a holier than thou local who wants rid of you because "There's nothing for you here! This is for local people!".

I'm not sure what England has to attract tourists these days other than London so I don't blame them for making the most of it with their half and half scarves or even choosing the holiday on the basis of watching a PL game of their favourite club. With that said what does Manchester offer in terms of tourism to make it a must see if you visit England? The collar site might end up as a way to encourage tourism to Manchester in the end, more money for the club and Manchester in general is a good thing but if we want to become like Barca and the likes we will have to take the rough with the smooth, the biggest clubs already have tourists in droves driving up prices, taking seats that could go to the local die hards at the big games.

Making an attempt to make sure the club maintains it's identity and core support is good but other than that it's never going to be 100% perfect, even the core support disagree on a lot of things as we can see here on bluemoon.

Nobody is saying they have a problem with 'football tourists'. We're talking about away games, typically the London ones and specifically Arsenal and Chelsea this week, where hundreds of tickets in the away end are being purchased somehow by people who have obviously never been to a game in this country, whilst the games are officially being sold out at relatively high points.

Nobody is saying they have a problem with 'football tourists'. We're talking about away games, typically the London ones and specifically Arsenal and Chelsea this week, where hundreds of tickets in the away end are being purchased somehow by people who have obviously never been to a game in this country, whilst the games are officially being sold out at relatively high points.
I realise that(away tickets are limited as it is I get it) but getting them moved/thrown out when they aren't doing anything wrong is a bit far. Also some do seem to have a zero tolerance towards them altogether, I can see where the annoyance comes from but that's too much, since they are part of the game now maybe there should be a tourist section at most big clubs now? haha.

I was just saying for those getting too wound up by them at home games, it comes with the territory of being a big club these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.