frank making a comeback for the derby.

He is now in London.

And in case somebody asked for translation

"Thaksin" landed in London to watch the important match.

The personal plane was landed in England safely. He just arrived in London few minutes ago.

I have no idea what that kind of "The eagle has landed" since The Eagle, real one, just had concert in Dubai 2 week ago.

S12020404-46.jpg

Not interested.

I was going to make a long post about Thaksin and the person he is, but I changed my mind. This isn't a Thai politics forum after all. I will just ask one thing: given how he performed during his time at City, what sort of politician do you think that would make him? A saviour or a megalomaniac?

Krieng_Thai OSC said:
In case you're interested, he is now in London.

S12020404-46.jpg

Ok,
Before I start, I have to say I am not his fan or his suporter in term of politics since I am not interested in politics and never give my vote to his party.
I like sport and I am now not care how he is if only the country is in the good shape.
I am in his side just because I am against military coup.

How he perform for City.
As I said before in this forum, he is only a man with the big dream,
his dream of govern a country and his dream of becoming an owner of a football club.
He did well as for as I concern. City was from 15th to 10th and was in the good shape (accept the last match).
But unfortunately what he brought to the club was not only a good takeover and 20M injection but also bad name generated by Military government.
If not because of frozen asset he would not leave his hand from this club.
But it was City luck, he knew what he had to do.
He found a good owner and other things were history.
He managed to get a few money from the deal but that was not consider a benefit for him.
His benefit is his dream fulfiled.
All to all, he is not a bad owner and he know when he has to step down.
His connection with UAE was there and still.
Whenever I am in Dubai terminal I always have a coffee at a coffee shop there because that is the place where City takeover negociation began.
City may or may that here today who know for certain. He just a bridge to where City are now that is what I sum up.
But to say He uses City, it is laughable for me as all Thais know with or without City. He is there and will win general election comfortably.
So, he is not a saviour or a megalomaniac. he is bridge he was the right man in the right time for City.

In term of politics, his 1st term in office make him a primeminister Thais people dreamed of.
But he was a good prim in the bad time, the time when the old rule in transition and required full control over the country. TK not their man that is all it sum up.
He is still now a man in the wrong time but because of his massive suport from voters he will never lose in general election, not in this decade from my view.
So the old rule and him need to compromise and that is what we are monitoring now.
If he not compromise for benefit of his voters he will be soon a history.

Blue Lloyd said:
I don't know the financial 'in's and out's' under Franks period in charge at City? although some profess it was near meltdown and I wouldn't argue if they had access to the facts at all.

But from a fan who having watched us bounce around the divisions, I was at Maine Road v Liverpool 96, Stoke 98, Wembley 99 and Ewood 2000. Watched the glorious free flowing football under Keegan as Ali and Eyal, The Goat and Huckerby swept us back into the Premiership. By the time Pearces reign at City was running it's course I was so downcast it was unreal. The football in the lower divisions was more fun and for a Manchester City fan to have to say that is quite unreal.

Frank arrived and brought us Sven, Elano, Petrov. Goals, fun and entertainment. It was like a huge cloud being lifted.

Yes it all went wrong in the end, but instead of doing 'A Swales' and holding out to the bitter end he passed the club over.

Should he be here on Monday I hope he enjoys himself.

ONLY THIS. Well said pal

The Future's Blue said:
I didn't mind that Human Rights shit though as he was nailing drug barons/dealers. Nothing wrong with that atall.

Funny though that some have mentioned that the Sheikh took us over despite TS efforts to scupper the deal. If that were true, TS could've done it in the blink of an eye, ie. No!
This has to be one of the most stupid posts I've read for a while. The depth of your ignorance makes me despair for the human race.

If you take your head out of your backside and do some reading, you'll see the "war on Drugs" in Thailand involved many innocent parties being killed to either settle personal scores or meet targets set by provincial governors. It usually involved the extra-judicial execution of people on rehabilitation programmes and those who were seen to have more money than they might have been expected to have and were therefore presumed to be "drug dealers". The Army and politicians are almost certainly either actively involved in or protect those involved in the Thai drugs trade so the action was completely cynical and hollow.

As to the negotiation to sell the club, he had to sell as we were about to expel him after his conviction for fraud. This would have rendered him not a fit and proper person and therefore ineligible to own the club. It was his demands that nearly derailed it. When ADUG threatened to walk away they finally agreed a compromise.

Gary James said:
I've interviewed most of the key figures and will be quoting some of them in the book "Manchester The City Years" - personally I do know that without Thaksin there wouldn't have been the Abu Dhabi takeover, simply because he made it easier to buy from one person/group rather than the large number of disparate shareholders City had (I've still not cashed in my shares - better do it soon).
Look forward to reading it.

Krieng_Thai OSC said:
But unfortunately what he brought to the club was not only a good takeover and 20M injection but also bad name generated by Military government.

In term of politics, his 1st term in office make him a primeminister Thais people dreamed of.

£20M injection - from where did he get this £20M as it wasn't his?

As for the Thai people dreaming of him as PM, tell that to the families of the thousands killed / missing in the drug cull!

Prestwich_Blue said:
The Future's Blue said:
I didn't mind that Human Rights shit though as he was nailing drug barons/dealers. Nothing wrong with that atall.

Funny though that some have mentioned that the Sheikh took us over despite TS efforts to scupper the deal. If that were true, TS could've done it in the blink of an eye, ie. No!
This has to be one of the most stupid posts I've read for a while. The depth of your ignorance makes me despair for the human race.

If you take your head out of your backside and do some reading, you'll see the "war on Drugs" in Thailand involved many innocent parties being killed to either settle personal scores or meet targets set by provincial governors. It usually involved the extra-judicial execution of people on rehabilitation programmes and those who were seen to have more money than they might have been expected to have and were therefore presumed to be "drug dealers". The Army and politicians are almost certainly either actively involved in or protect those involved in the Thai drugs trade so the action was completely cynical and hollow.

As to the negotiation to sell the club, he had to sell as we were about to expel him after his conviction for fraud. This would have rendered him not a fit and proper person and therefore ineligible to own the club. It was his demands that nearly derailed it. When ADUG threatened to walk away they finally agreed a compromise.
And?

The Future's Blue said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
The Future's Blue said:

And?
Because!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.