frank making a comeback for the derby.

Oh dear, if people keep talking nonsense, I really will have to start a detailed debate about Thai politics and "democracy".

But as far as football goes, I am firmly with PB and JMA on this one. And yes it was all about PR for Thaksin. He had just run away from a court case, the military were running the press and squeezing him out of the news and he needed a channel for his PR to keep him in the spotlight. As simple as that. If he was in so much trouble, why else would he invest in a football club at that time?

Krieng_Thai OSC said:
Ok,
Before I start, I have to say I am not his fan or his suporter in term of politics since I am not interested in politics and never give my vote to his party.
I like sport and I am now not care how he is if only the country is in the good shape.
I am in his side just because I am against military coup.

How he perform for City.
As I said before in this forum, he is only a man with the big dream,
his dream of govern a country and his dream of becoming an owner of a football club.
He did well as for as I concern. City was from 15th to 10th and was in the good shape (accept the last match).
But unfortunately what he brought to the club was not only a good takeover and 20M injection but also bad name generated by Military government.
If not because of frozen asset he would not leave his hand from this club.
But it was City luck, he knew what he had to do.
He found a good owner and other things were history.
He managed to get a few money from the deal but that was not consider a benefit for him.
His benefit is his dream fulfiled.
All to all, he is not a bad owner and he know when he has to step down.
His connection with UAE was there and still.
Whenever I am in Dubai terminal I always have a coffee at a coffee shop there because that is the place where City takeover negociation began.
City may or may that here today who know for certain. He just a bridge to where City are now that is what I sum up.
But to say He uses City, it is laughable for me as all Thais know with or without City. He is there and will win general election comfortably.
So, he is not a saviour or a megalomaniac. he is bridge he was the right man in the right time for City.

In term of politics, his 1st term in office make him a primeminister Thais people dreamed of.
But he was a good prim in the bad time, the time when the old rule in transition and required full control over the country. TK not their man that is all it sum up.
He is still now a man in the wrong time but because of his massive suport from voters he will never lose in general election, not in this decade from my view.
So the old rule and him need to compromise and that is what we are monitoring now.
If he not compromise for benefit of his voters he will be soon a history.

PB and JMA have summarised the facts of the situation very well for anyone who is interested.

What is perhaps worth mentioning is his 'Honourary Presidency' of the club and insistence on retaining a shareholding. This very nearly caused the ADUG to walk away, much to the anger and despair of all concerned. Be in no doubt that administration was the looming alternative and the great City legend that is Frank was quite prepared to let that happen. It would have cost him nothing as he put not one penny of his own money into city.

The silly title he insisted upon was quietly removed from Frank about 2 years ago, along with his remaining stake in the club. Both were just paper exercises to soften Frank's ego, but they were matters over which he would have, and very nearly did, let City sink.

why else would he invest in a football club at that time?

His love of football and his dream to become an owner of EPL was there since his term in office but it not happened because it is not appropriate for a country to own a football club (LP deal fell down at the end). During that time you know becoming a football club owner not gives any benefit to him at all but already proven to all that it is always in his mind for long time and finally he did it on his own, no need approval from cabinet.

And it is not appropriate for a foreign gevernment to own a football club then we need a man to be named as owner/ ok it is out of topic but hope you knows what I mean.

Krieng_Thai OSC said:
why else would he invest in a football club at that time?

His love of football and his dream to become an owner of EPL was there since his term in office but it not happened because it is not appropriate for a country to own a football club (LP deal fell down at the end). During that time you know becoming a football club owner not gives any benefit to him at all but already proven to all that it is always in his mind for long time and finally he did it on his own, no need approval from cabinet.

And it is not appropriate for a foreign gevernment to own a football club then we need a man to be named as owner/ ok it is out of topic but hope you knows what I mean.

Yes, he wanted to buy Liverpool funded by the Thai lottery..... not a penny of his own money...... so it was his dream... more like his dream to have an ego of self importance and a bigger platform for his own aims.
Hope he gets boo'd to fuck and certainly isn't entertained in the directors box.

so it was his dream... more like his dream to have an ego of self importance and a bigger platform for his own aims.

I may consider giving speech in front of world leaders is bigger platform and becoming a football owner is smaller platform. But it is your opinion what else I can say.

He is the man of contravisial better not to talk about him and if we talk we better keep in mind no one is really good or bad ,don't adore or hate someone too much it is not good for mental health.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.