Franny Lee Takeover and Sheikh Mansour's Takeover

There's a book called Blue Moon Rising by Andy Buckley & Richard Burgess which is superb about the Swales/Lee era. Goes up to the promotion game at Blackburn. Gary James covers the Shinawatra/Mansour takeovers in his book of course but there is a more detailed book waiting to be written on those latter two and I keep nagging Gary to write it.

I've just read a book called 'Caesars, Saviours & Suckers' by Bob Holmes, which covers foreign takeovers at 10 British clubs, including us. It's worth reading on its own account but he does cover the Shinawatra & Mansour takeovers in a reasonable manner. But a detailed book on the Bernstein/Keegan/Wardle era through to today would be an immense read.

Sportspages in Barton SQ off deansgate or st Ann's Sq pretty much everything your looking for
Any decent books available on either or best books about actual behind the scenes during a period of time in City's past ... ?

Not really interested in autobiographies more about events at the club

There is a book out there called the 'Battle for Manchester City' by Alec Johnson which goes into a bit of detail about the Lee takeover but as he also forewarded the book it is a bit slanted one way.

Worth a read though as discusses the history of the club dating back to the Mercer/Allison break up

There is a book out there called the 'Battle for Manchester City' by Alec Johnson which goes into a bit of detail about the Lee takeover but as he also forewarded the book it is a bit slanted one way.

Worth a read though as discusses the history of the club dating back to the Mercer/Allison break up

I've read the 'Battle for Man City' - the title is misleading - it's got little if any detail re the Lee takeover and the author is a Rag.

Gary James covers the Shinawatra/Mansour takeovers in his book of course but there is a more detailed book waiting to be written on those latter two and I keep nagging Gary to write it.

I've written it and interviewed all the key figures (even met Thaksin of course!) but haven't got a publisher. One day it'll be out on sale.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.