Franny Lee Takeover and Sheikh Mansour's Takeover

It's has been along time since I've been down there did get Gary James book Manchester the greatest city from there looking back must have been about 20 years ago ?
Depends which edition - first one in 1997, second in 2002. Probably the first (Kinkladze on front - replaced by Goater for 2nd edition; now I'd have Aguero I guess).

I've read the 'Battle for Man City' - the title is misleading - it's got little if any detail re the Lee takeover and the author is a Rag.
I think you've confused that with Cups for Cockups by Ashley Shaw (United fan/writer). Alec Johnson, Daily Mirror journalist who claimed to support City and was a mate of Francis's, wrote 'Battle'.

I think you've confused that with Cups for Cockups by Ashley Shaw (United fan/writer). Alec Johnson, Daily Mirror journalist who claimed to support City and was a mate of Francis's, wrote 'Battle'.

I'm obviously confused - sorry. I wont disagree with your City knowledge ! lol The Battle for Man City is a poor book - specifically re the takeover mind.

The club ought to take care of publishing that book. After all it is more or less "official" City history.

Bernard Halford needs to get his autobiography done he must have some fascinating tails to tell Unfortunately every time I've asked him he has said no way

A new version of 'Manchester The Greatest City' and its update 'The City Years' would be great if it included all the Guardiola years. Things like the story behind the new Academy could be included.

I'm a firm believer that this book should be available at all times via the club and should be given to each new manager and player who is with us on a professional contract.

A new version of 'Manchester The Greatest City' and its update 'The City Years' would be great if it included all the Guardiola years. Things like the story behind the new Academy could be included.

I'm a firm believer that this book should be available at all times via the club and should be given to each new manager and player who is with us on a professional contract.
Thanks to you and everyone else who has commented. I agree that it should always be available. Maybe time for an update? A lot on the takeover from my interviews with Khaldoon, Cook etc was included in MTCY.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.