FTSE-100 Index

Give us an hour or so mate as im busy feeding the kids right now and the wife has that look on her face that says "get the fuck off bluemoon for 5 mins" pmsl
Notwithstanding your family commitments, awaiting your comments at your earliest convenience.
I remain sir your humble and obedient servant.
Yours
Leonard ( Rum) esq.
16th ultimo in the year of our Lord two thousand and seventeen.

Notwithstanding your family commitments, awaiting your comments at your earliest convenience.
I remain sir your humble and obedient servant.
Yours
Leonard ( Rum) esq.
16th ultimo in the year of our Lord two thousand and seventeen.

Back.

He basically paints a bleak picture with huge obstacles at every single point because he doesn't want us to leave, hence his very last comment which basically begs for a rethink of the brexit vote.

I dont accept that argument whatsoever. We are one of the biggest economies in the world and will have no issue going out on our own and holding our own. We will forge new trade deals with anyone and everyone we want because business and countries cannot afford to say no to us and anyone thinking otherwise is just wrong imo and talking the nation down. We will be bust right now starting the discussions as seen with the Trump interview, the New Zealand PM the other day and nothing will or can stop that process. yes i agree that formally we cant sign any deal until we have left but until we have left, we are still paying in to the EU and will still be trading as is now so we wont face some trade black hole.

We have a chance as a nation to make this work, be positive and show that their is life after the EU and its one i think we will take and its a path that others within the EU including the French and Germans will also take sooner rather than later because i believe the EU is finished, as is the Euro as a currency.

I dont pretend to be an expert and i dont pretend to have all the answers to what will inevitably be a difficult and testing time for us all but i dont believe being negative and defeatest and turning our backs on what the people of this country voted for is the answer so i will instead be positive and look forward to a bright future.

Yours humbly........

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. We can, however, prioritise deals with countries that we do the most trade.
What is your point?
It's not that easy. There is no point having a deal for helium if you don't have any balloons and no point having a deal for balloons if you don't have any helium.

Do you prioritize on volume or value? What if you run out of car tyres before a deal is in place? Shortage of goods is going to push up prices - and they won't come down again. So do you deal with Malaysia first to keep food delivery trucks going?

Which contries do you put at the front of the queue? Norway - to keep the oil flowing? How are the Malaysians going to feel about their plywood being denied access while the Norwegians are free to sell? Will they block a deal on tyres? Or do you bet on Turkey to keep your cars on the road?

What if the Turks want visa free travel as part of a trade deal? Do you say yes, or bet on the Malaysians blinking?

Most trade deals are simple mutually beneficial bi-lateral agreements that cover products or sectors that the two nations are weak and strong on respectively. We'll send your our butter and you can sell us ball bearings. Bilateral free-trade agreements are like hens teeth. What does the UK have to offer?

The UK could end up with fifteen different trade agreements with New Zealand and with every other country it does a deal with.

It's not that easy. There is no point having a deal for helium if you don't have any balloons and no point having a deal for balloons if you don't have any helium.

Do you prioritize on volume or value? What if you run out of car tyres before a deal is in place? Shortage of goods is going to push up prices - and they won't come down again. So do you deal with Malaysia first to keep food delivery trucks going?

Which contries do you put at the front of the queue? Norway - to keep the oil flowing? How are the Malaysians going to feel about their plywood being denied access while the Norwegians are free to sell? Will they block a deal on tyres? Or do you bet on Turkey to keep your cars on the road?

What if the Turks want visa free travel as part of a trade deal? Do you say yes, or bet on the Malaysians blinking?

Most trade deals are simple mutually beneficial bi-lateral agreements that cover products or sectors that the two nations are weak and strong on respectively. We'll send your out butter and you can sell us ball bearings. Bilateral free-trade agreements are like hens teeth. What does the UK have to offer?

The UK could end up with fifteen different trade agreements with New Zealand and with every other country it does a deal with.
Are you suggesting we shouldn't bother trying and default to WTO rules? Seems a bit defeatist.

Back.

He basically paints a bleak picture with huge obstacles at every single point because he doesn't want us to leave, hence his very last comment which basically begs for a rethink of the brexit vote.

I dont accept that argument whatsoever. We are one of the biggest economies in the world and will have no issue going out on our own and holding our own. We will forge new trade deals with anyone and everyone we want because business and countries cannot afford to say no to us and anyone thinking otherwise is just wrong imo and talking the nation down. We will be bust right now starting the discussions as seen with the Trump interview, the New Zealand PM the other day and nothing will or can stop that process. yes i agree that formally we cant sign any deal until we have left but until we have left, we are still paying in to the EU and will still be trading as is now so we wont face some trade black hole.

We have a chance as a nation to make this work, be positive and show that their is life after the EU and its one i think we will take and its a path that others within the EU including the French and Germans will also take sooner rather than later because i believe the EU is finished, as is the Euro as a currency.

I dont pretend to be an expert and i dont pretend to have all the answers to what will inevitably be a difficult and testing time for us all but i dont believe being negative and defeatest and turning our backs on what the people of this country voted for is the answer so i will instead be positive and look forward to a bright future.

Yours humbly........
There will be a 'black hole' though if we revert to WTO rules on 1st April 2019 ( as seems likely) because EU trade will be badly hit ( mainly non tariff barriers) but there will be nothing to replace any immediate loss in EU trade ( or other trade which we piggy back onto as a result of our EU membership) because of the time delay in getting trade deals outside the EU in place.
Your forecast of the collapse of the EU and/or Euro is a separate debate. It would be bad news all round but the Government can't plan a negotiating strategy now on something that may or may not happen.
PS thanks for PM

There will be a 'black hole' though if we revert to WTO rules on 1st April 2019 ( as seems likely) because EU trade will be badly hit ( mainly non tariff barriers) but there will be nothing to replace any immediate loss in EU trade ( or other trade which we piggy back onto as a result of our EU membership) because of the time delay in getting trade deals outside the EU in place.
Your forecast of the collapse of the EU and/or Euro is a separate debate. It would be bad news all round but the Government can't plan a negotiating strategy now on something that may or may not happen.
PS thanks for PM

The outcome of the negotiations really hinge on the relative strengths of politics over economics when it comes to the hard graft of haggling. The EU has been stressing politics over economics, that Britain's departure has weakened EU unity and she must be punished for it, she cannot be seen to benefit from Brexit and she will not.

We've been banging out the economic "why cut off your nose to spite your face" argument, so we've had the Governor of the Bank of England talking up the importance of the City and Hammond stressing the importance of the UK as a market for EU goods and threatening to turn us into a tax haven. Boris tried this in his early days as foreign secretary but stopped when he insulted every European he spoke to.

Pivotal to this is Germany, all the indications are she's full square behind the political argument, but if she could be persuaded by the economics we would get a much easier ride. Theresa May might, though these are early days, be trying to position herself as honest broker between Trump and Merkel. Trump, even by his own standards, seems overly keen to pick a fight with Germany for no apparent reason, conspirator theorist say it's all to do with Russia, but regardless, something is going on. If May could patch things up between the two of them, turn the gas down on it, or at the very least get Trump to stop threatening German car manufacturers, then Merkel might be a bit more persuadable over Brexit. It should be remembered that Obama bypassed the UK when dealing with Europe and was very pally with Merkel, that's not how the special relationship is supposed to work and it is one of the reasons Farage talks so scathingly about Obama. If the Anglo Saxon conspiracy (as the French call it) is going to be dusted off and back on the road and May plays her cards right we might come out of this Brexit bullshit with our trousers, if not our shirt.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.