Full Backs?

Angelino and Clichy for the left back doesn't fill me with great confidence at all. Clichy like Kolarov is limited, and I doubt Angelino is ready (he might get a decent number of games though).
With another year added, Sagna and Zabaleta on the right side isn't what we need to be where we wanne be.

We can play with a back 3. However Pep plays with a back 4. Or maybe the solution is already there? Navas right back? Fernandinho centre half? Kolarov wing back so he doesn't need to defend one on one? Oh, I forgot, Pep plays with a back 4. Or simply buy a right and left back after selling one either side? Easy option, but no guarantees.

If Pep is as big a manager as everybody says he is, I'm confident he will come up with a solution that suits everyone. It's simply part of his biggest challenge ahead of him.

That's the thing, isn't it, Pep does a favour a back four but with the defensive midfielder often dropping in between the centre backs whilst the full backs push on and I really don't expect him to change from that approach; although it does make you wonder why we are more closely linked with centre back purchases than full backs. Not that we don't need both but one centre back purchase and two full backs would seem the best use of funds.

Great post
+3
Kolarov is one of the worst players in the game, he is also a selfish player and going on how Barca and Bayern play that will not be tolerated - I don't believe Pep will not know this already.

Kolarov and Zabaleta are probably going to go. Danny Rose would be a great option at left-back with Clichy staying on for another year in a rotational role until Angelino is ready to be a more regular fixture in the squad. Denayer has been playing at right-back for Galatasaray and has all the attributes a full-back needs so having him and Sagna compete for that position would make a lot of sense especially as centre-back is probably going to be very contested next season (Kompany, Laporte/Stones, Otamendi and Mangala).

Kolarov and Zabaleta are probably going to go. Danny Rose would be a great option at left-back with Clichy staying on for another year in a rotational role until Angelino is ready to be a more regular fixture in the squad. Denayer has been playing at right-back for Galatasaray and has all the attributes a full-back needs so having him and Sagna compete for that position would make a lot of sense especially as centre-back is probably going to be very contested next season (Kompany, Laporte/Stones, Otamendi and Mangala).

Having 4 or 5 cbs taking up squad places again would be stupid, again, imo unless we have other uses for them.

Danilo (Real Madrid) and Ryan Betrand (Southampton) please.

Would we keep Sagna and Clichy? Denayer and Angelino are inexperienced, but could be capable of playing right and left back respectively. Denayer certainty is IMO, Angelino may need another year.

Danilo (Real Madrid) and Ryan Betrand (Southampton) please.

Would we keep Sagna and Clichy? Denayer and Angelino are inexperienced, but could be capable of playing right and left back respectively. Denayer certainty is IMO, Angelino may need another year.
Danilo defended like kolarov last night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.