Full Backs?

I think Clichy and Angelino can do the DM-FB thing adequately.

I don't think Sagna or Zaba can do it all tho.

Unless someone like Dinho moves to RB at times when we have Gundogan back we could do with signing a RB

Depends on how often Pep plans on utilising this tactic tho

This was the set up - full backs - for today. I guess Pep has several more up his sleeve for this season. I now understand why he would pick 11 midfield players.

I think Clichy and Angelino can do the DM-FB thing adequately.

I don't think Sagna or Zaba can do it all tho.

Unless someone like Dinho moves to RB at times when we have Gundogan back we could do with signing a RB

Depends on how often Pep plans on utilising this tactic tho

Zabba has worked on his game so well and so hard, that I have little doubt he will take this new addition on with the same gusto - whether he is physically still up to it remains to be seen.

Exciting though

I found it fascinating seeing the full backs come into central midfield yesterday, it's something Pep did with Bayern, less so at Barca. I imagine it's a tactic he will use at home a lot to open up teams, essentially moving into a 2-5-3 formation when attacking.

The one thing I'm really surprised by though, is our lack of movement in the transfer market for full backs! I mean in this system the full backs are arguably the most important players on the pitch. They need to be fluid, tactically astute and very very good on the ball. I'm not sure we have that with Sagba, clichy or Zab. Ironically - since he's been the target of a lot of abuse on here - Kolarov is probably the best equipped to fulfil this role.

Do blues think this will be a tactic used regularly by pep? And do you think we have good enough full backs to make it a success? Or do you think we will make a move in the market before the window closes?

Zabba has worked on his game so well and so hard, that I have little doubt he will take this new addition on with the same gusto - whether he is physically still up to it remains to be seen.

Exciting though
Yeah I have less reservations about Zab. He has played the position before as well, although I do have doubts about his technical ability, particularly when under pressure, although those doubts remain in place over Clichy, Kolarov and Sagna too. In surprised we haven't dipped into the market yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.