Full Backs?

The inverted full backs played yesterday suddenly makes this thread very interesting. Kolorov not only fits in with Peps CB role but can play the inverted FB role well. Should be a new lease of life for him.
It was, however, obvious that Sagne and to a lesser extent Cliche are not a good fit for this role (I think Pablo would struggle as well). I suspect inverted FB role is a tactic at home with park the bus teams, with a more conventional approach to away games (time will tell).
I am, however, struggling to think of any effective FB who can slip easily into DM as a play maker though, let alone one for either side! Ironically John Stones could but are there any others out there? Since Ashley Cole the English game has been obsessed with pacey overlapping full/wing backs.

I would have slapped anybody for suggesting Fernandinho as fullback last year - but in this new system I think he'd work brilliantly at RB.

Potentially a move we'll see when Gundogan is back fit.

So we are replacing Hart understandably to get a better sweeper keeper but done fkall about full backs :/

So we are replacing Hart understandably to get a better sweeper keeper but done fkall about full backs :/
next summer most likely, cant do everything in one summer. Sagna, Clichy and Zabaleta out of contract next year. Kolarov will have 1 year left as well in 2017.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.