Funny how rivals who used to have all the money, call foul when that changes.

Maybe not quite true. The Chinese upped their stake by 1% last season. Im not sure whether they paid the cash directly to Sheikh Mansour or into the club as investment capital. I need an Accountants copinions on that.

I thought it was a direct investment into CFG.

@Prestwich_Blue will probably be able to give a definitive answer.

I thought it was a direct investment into CFG.

@Prestwich_Blue will probably be able to give a definitive answer.
Depends on how the deal was done. If CFG issued new shares (or issued existing shares that hadn't previously been allotted as I think they did) then the money will have gone into CFG. So CFG might have originally issued 100 shares but only 75 of those were allotted, which means bought by a shareholder. That leaves 25 that are unallotted and can be bought at a later stage.

If they bought existing shares from the other shareholder than the money would have gone to ADUG. But I'm pretty sure that it was either new or unallotted shares that CMC bought.

Too many on here in awe of FFP.

UEFA have neither the desire nor integrity to successfully implement it. However, it appears to be curtailing our spending somewhat.

We should be looking at a net spend on players of at least 500m to consolidate our position at the top.

We need at least one game changing player of Kane, Salah, Neimar or Mbappe. Even if it cost 300m it will be money well spent in the long run.

The purchasing power of any entity depends on two things: the revenue it generates AND the wealth of its proprietors.

I can understand where you're coming from in a rivalry point of view, but i think it's a short sighted view in the overall scheme of things.

With Celtic likely to hog all the CL money & advantages for the foreseeable future, it's also likely you'll clean up title after title, with your league becoming little more than a procession year on year, and it ultimately becoming meaningless.

Then you'll end up in a sorta catch 22 situation. Nobody will wanna invest the sorta money in Rangers (or another team) to get them on par with Celtic, as there will be little chance of any return.
So they'll also be very little interest from elsewhere (from the likes of viewers from other countries, advertisers or investors etc)in the league. In the long run this will become detrimental to Celtic as finance is more likely to be directed to other leagues within Europe, making it more difficult for you to complete in European competition.

In my view, due to how it is in Scotland, the fates & prospects of both Celtic & Rangers (and the league in general) are closely intertwined. A strong Rangers = a strong Celtic which should also increase the finances of both clubs & their European prospects.
You only need to look at the EPL. I don't think there is a cat in hells chance of the TV revenue/ sponsorship etc being what it is currently, without the rise of Chelsea and then us. I just can't see it if it was still just the annual 2 horse race between the rags & gooners.

So whilst it might be good for you personally that you can willy-wave at Rangers fans over the coming years with things like 20+ consecutive titles etc, it could also be the thing that rots your club from the inside out, with you becoming something with the stature akin to a club in the Ryman league.

I hear you. I too want all the teams to improve tonthe standard that they can compete in the Europa and raise our co efficient, which seems to be about in the same ballpark as Luxembourg. I just want us to be better. I never could even consider wanting Rangers winning the league. 20 tithes and associated CL money would be lovely.

I take you point though, but we can only try and make ourselves better. They need to do the same. Hibs have come up and are excellent and could get second. They will more than likely lose their star players though in the summer, it’s difficult when Chanpionship teams can massively out muscle you with cash.

We can only beat what is in front of us, and try to stop getting raped in the CL.

Rogers has had four windows to fix a shambles of a defence and if anything it’s getting worse.

When you have endured periods of being under the cosh and all the gloating, it leaves no other feeling than clinical and utter vengeance.

Do you want to go on a run of say 10 titles in a row, or, let others win it for the “ good of the game?”

See, you had to think there. :)

Ditto with me.

I dont ever remember being bitter about other teams spending when we spent next to nowt
I was envious I remember thinking - "I Wish we could spend like that"

Never once did I think "Those bastards shouldn't be allowed to do that" I guess we're of a different breed.

Bitter old fucker Bob Wilson talking about dear Arsene Wenger, paraphrase. "Sadly, it's all all about money these days, not the greatness of Arsenal, Liverpool or Man United" Deluded or what? He bought Henry for 14m in 1998 when our record buy was Lee Bradbury at 3m, they also paid the best wages along with the Rags .it's no coincidence the correlation between winning trophies and spending on transfers and wages is timeless, the difference is this season was originally a six horse race that's been turned into a procession .
And he has obviously never heard of John Henry Davies, Herbert Norris, James W Gibson or the Moores. If he just did a bit of research into those people he’d soon shut up.

Depends on how the deal was done. If CFG issued new shares (or issued existing shares that hadn't previously been allotted as I think they did) then the money will have gone into CFG. So CFG might have originally issued 100 shares but only 75 of those were allotted, which means bought by a shareholder. That leaves 25 that are unallotted and can be bought at a later stage.

If they bought existing shares from the other shareholder than the money would have gone to ADUG. But I'm pretty sure that it was either new or unallotted shares that CMC bought.
Thanks PB.

I was envious I remember thinking - "I Wish we could spend like that"

Never once did I think "Those bastards shouldn't be allowed to do that" I guess we're of a different breed.
Quite.
And now we are spending this sort of cash I'm going WOW! These players are amazing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.