Gabriel Jesus - 2016/17 Performances - Palmeiras win the league title

Status
Not open for further replies.
This post makes me laugh when half the forum are complaint about only having two strikers and were wanting to buy another to have cover.

Seems that Txiki wasn't gonna be able to win either way.

I haven't.

The days of a four striker rotation is long gone, and we have a manager with a strong proclivity to playing a lone striker. Aguero/Nacho/Nolito with Sane and Sterling providing support is plenty for me.

We're more a midfielder short, both central and attacking (in the mould of Merl) more than anything IMO.

I haven't.

The days of a four striker rotation is long gone, and we have a manager with a strong proclivity to playing a lone striker. Aguero/Nacho/Nolito with Sane and Sterling providing support is plenty for me.

We're more a midfielder short, both central and attacking (in the mould of Merl) more than anything IMO.
Yes you haven't but lots have. Hence my point. He is another striker. That's 2 and a half as Nacho plays better linking rather than running the line at 9.

Yes you haven't but lots have. Hence my point. He is another striker. That's 2 and a half as Nacho plays better linking rather than running the line at 9.

I think those people are still stuck in the old ways of having your traditional 4-4-2 with a four man rotation at striker.

Times have moved on and as it is you really only need 2 capable main strikers, one that's capable of playing just off him at second striker, and a decent winger who can double up in the position if need be.

The days of a four striker rotation is long gone, and we have a manager with a strong proclivity to playing a lone striker.
You just can't be shure of anything with Pep. No one knows what crazy things he will bring next season after completing the squad's overhaul.
He may come up with some impossible bielsa-esque formation, and all your assumptions will become useless.

Last edited:
Great reverse stamp technique for the first goal and an out of the blue thunderbolt reminiscent of David Phillips for the second.

He'll do for me!

:D

Think he my be just the ticket to push us on in January. Very reminiscent of a young Ronaldo the second goal yesterday showed that. What a talent can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.