Gabriel Jesus - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's just unhappy that he doesn't have enough chants yet, lets get on it. Sterling too or he'll go to Arsenal...

Jesus doesn't have the skill to replace Sane or Sterling, he is good addition as a striker only.

When he replaces Aguero upfront he usually do well, but not on the sides.

Jesus doesn't have the skill to replace Sane or Sterling, he is good addition as a striker only.

When he replaces Aguero upfront he usually do well, but not on the sides.

His performances out on the left for us have been few and far between but in those performances, I have seen nothing to suggest he is an adequate replacement for Sane out there. He is a goalscorer, plain and simple.

Sergio in the middle, free range for Gabby, that's how he started at City and was very successful, no good on the wing.

Our best lineup is with sane Jesus and sterling. I think they could work very well together in a 3-5-2 like we used early on. It’s a bit of a gamble for me when they play together in a back four which is inevitable with this congested schedule coming up. We just don’t lose when Jesus starts up front (edit: we just don’t lose period lol!) I know it’s not as simple as that but I’m much more confident when he’s up top.

He needs to start showing some signs of obv improvement though. I’ve been one of his biggest supporters and I don’t want to have to start criticizing him because his standard/average game adds so much value to our system but I’d like to see him show a little more for the final 2/3rds of the campaign if he’s to live up to my (potential balon d’or) expectations.

I think when people talk about Jesus they should remember that he's a 20 year old playing in Europe for the first time in his career and this is his first prolonged playing period for us having been with us less than a year.

I'll admit that he's not been at his best at times but surely it was bound to happen. His effort, movement and ability to position himself has remained at its high levels regardless of how well he performs.

This is where having Aguero around is useful. Aguero's best form in recent years for us came both in September and in February/March last year when it became clear he wasn't an automatic pick anymore and he stepped up big time in response. Maybe Jesus should be asking him for advice. I'm sure he will.

I can't recall us having a bad game when Jesus started as sole striker with Sane Sterling on wings. It seems recently Pep only uses him as a desperate sub or playing in the awkward formation with two strikers. I can imagine him being frustated..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.